TTC after 35

Dumb question

Hello ladies-
So I'm having a procedure done the next 3 weeks. I am having injections put into my neck and pain medicine put into my neck as well and they are using Xrays to guide the needle. While this sounds scary I am trying to do this right away as we are trying to get pregnant again this month as I had a chemical pregnancy last month. Now here is the dumb question, getting xrays while trying to conceive and in the 2 week wait won't be an issue right? I mean they say that stop everything once you know well technically I won't know until at least 4/19 and my last procedure is 4/16. Any ideas? Please no flames I know it is a dumb question the doctor knows i recently had a chemical pregnancy and we are trying to fit this in because if I get pregnant they can't do anything until after I had the baby. so they are rushing to get me some relief.

TIA- Heather I am a worry wart!!!

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8

Re: Dumb question

• jcathjcath member
    I don't know the answer but I would definitely tell whoever is doing the procedure that you aren't using birth control. Is there any way you could wait and do it in the two weeks between AF and ovulation?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The doctor knows that I just had a chemical pregnancy and that I had af last week when I saw her that was why she was scheduling the procedure for the next 3 weeks. I now that we usually say that you stop all the things you were doing if they are harmful when you find out I was just being paranoid.
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a similar question for my dentist during my 2ww.  He told me that they don't do x-rays during the 1st trimester.  So I would definitely let them know you are TTC and maybe POAS before you go so you know for sure that day if you are BFP or not.  

Good luck with your procedure.  I had a similar procedure on my hip where they were injecting a bunch of stuff in my hip joint.  They marked the position of my femoral artery with a paper clip and used an x-ray to see where they were going.  I kept asking, "what happens if you nick my artery?"  They just kept assuring me that hardly ever happens and they know what to do.  Went fine though.  No nicks.    

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Regarding your flames concern, I have learned (through extensive lurking) that the "dumb" questions have to do with asking the bump board if you are pregnant based on "symptoms" when you haven't POAS or have and got a BFN, or asking if cheese that is melted is "soft cheese" and if its safe to eat.  So you're fine.  Not a dumb question IMHO.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • The doctor knows that I just had a chemical pregnancy and that I had af last week when I saw her that was why she was scheduling the procedure for the next 3 weeks. I now that we usually say that you stop all the things you were doing if they are harmful when you find out I was just being paranoid.
  • No clue but your daughter is super cute and I'm in Annapolis!  Hi neighbor!
  • Hi, Heather.

I can be a worrywort, too.

If it were me, I would use protection until you finish the procedure. That's the safest way to have the procedure you need without having to worry about it.

I  don't think this is a dumb question at all, btw.

Joyful

• Your DD is so cute!!!!!!!   adorable.  

And like others I dont think your question was dumb.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"