gtjess/dani2006 — The Bump
Georgia Babies

gtjess/dani2006

Hey girls..i have a question for you :)

i took my ultrasound pics to my ob after ultrasound tech said it's a boy and she said she's not convinced that it's really a boy.

(i'm sure it is...but will find out for sure i hope on 4/12)

Anyway...I was curious what you guys saw at your first ultrasound that had you thinking/believing you were having a boy, only to find out later you weren't.  

thanks girls! 

Re: gtjess/dani2006

• Hey, Stace.  Not sure if these other girls are on today but the indication from my u/s (18.5 weeks) was the absence of the "third" line.  At 21 weeks you could see his junk clearly, although that might not help you much now since the 21 week pic is MUCH clearer than any other picture I have of any of his anatomy period.  ie, the reason I had to go back for a 21 week scan is that my 18 week scan was not clear enough to satisfy the doctors on his heart chambers and pallet.  If you have a money shot, look at the money "area" to see if you see two or three lines.  Other than that, in order to get the clear picture you might have to wait until his anatomy scan when everything will be much more visible.
  • Loading the player...
  • well, i've been comparing it to Jax's ultrasound when we found out with him.  Almost exactly the same time.  and this one is not as HERE I AM as jax's is.  and the dr said she didn't see the scrotum, blah blah blah.  

still..i'm betting on boy even though i was for sure it would be a girl. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageDaisygirl613:

well, i've been comparing it to Jax's ultrasound when we found out with him.  Almost exactly the same time.  and this one is not as HERE I AM as jax's is.  and the dr said she didn't see the scrotum, blah blah blah.  

still..i'm betting on boy even though i was for sure it would be a girl. 

ARGGGGGGGGH!  That HAS to be so frustrating.  I am so glad my u/s techs up until my 18.5 week u/s REFUSED to determine the gender for me.  I would have gone crazy about the "maybe" aspect of it.  I had an NT scan at 14 weeks and I begged and begged but no go, even though I think she "knew".  I never wanted to do the BFI type deal even though I was so super-jealous of everyone finding out early.  Honestly, there was a BIG difference in the "money" shot between 18.5 weeks and 21 weeks.  I think that is why the drs like to wait to do the BIG u/s bc everything is so much more clear to diagnose properly all over.  I was amazed to see the difference a couple weeks can make.  If I ever get pg again (BIG BIG BIG IF) I will insist on waiting until at least 20 weeks to get a scan for this reason unless its medically necessary to go earlier.

• well our first ultrasound for gender determination was crazy because the baby was super active and squirmed all over the place with its legs crossed. the one shot we got was super fast but there was a "turtle head" which made the ultrasound tech guess boy. second ultrasound the baby was much more calm and the ultrasound saw the 3 lines but I can't see the 3 lines she is referring to so who knows.

we have our actual dr's appointment for the anatomy scan on friday so we will get the final word then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageGTJess:

well our first ultrasound for gender determination was crazy because the baby was super active and squirmed all over the place with its legs crossed. the one shot we got was super fast but there was a "turtle head" which made the ultrasound tech guess boy. second ultrasound the baby was much more calm and the ultrasound saw the 3 lines but I can't see the 3 lines she is referring to so who knows.

we have our actual dr's appointment for the anatomy scan on friday so we will get the final word then.

So do you have one boy opinion and one girl opinion or do they both think "boy"?  Sorry...so confused.  I only had two lines then we could see the goods clearly on the second u/s at 21 weeks.

• Hey! Sorry I was MIA yesterday and missed your post!

Shoot me an email and I'll send you my ultrasound photos from the session where they told us it was a boy. I was 15w6d at the time and there was something between the legs--nobody can tell me what it was if not a penis; I know boys and girls look alike for some time so it could have been that, or the umbilical cord may have been hanging low. Anyway, I'll be happy to email you my 16w U/S pics and the later girl ones if you'd like to see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards