D.C. Area Babies
Options

Newborn pics -- timing? recs?

I have wanted to get newborn pics done with the twins, but things were so crazy at the end of my pregnancy that I never got anything arranged ahead of time. They are cruising quickly towards 3 weeks old and I don't want to miss the baby-baby stage. When did you get your newborn pics done? Is this as urgent (time-wise) as I feel it is?

Also, if you have recs for awesome photographers, let me know. I definitely want to use someone who will let me buy a CD of hi-res images-- I'm no good at picking pictures quickly (says the woman who still hasn't finalized her wedding album 2 years after the fact!). I'm on the MD side of the area, if it matters.

TIA for the advice/recs!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: Newborn pics -- timing? recs?

• Options
    Can I just say hi and squee? It seems like yesterday you were posting your wedding pics on Penn Ave...congrats on welcoming twins!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do newborn pics (did 3, 6, 9, 12 months ones instead) but I'd do them soon - that wrinkly sweet newborn look goes away so fast!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats on your newborn babies! I can only imagine that you've been very busy.

I don't have any recs on photographers that will give you the whole CD. However, most photographers recommend that if you want the traditional sleepy newborn photos to do them within the first 2 weeks. After that, you can sometimes get the babies to sleep but otherwise, their eyes are wide open and they won't stay in position as well. But, it's okay if you've passed the sleepy newborn stage. An experienced pro photographer should know how to work with babies of any age and get you some nice photos that will serve as a keepsake.

I heard that the search on the Bump has been improved so maybe try that. I know photographers that give CDs have been recommended here in the past. Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never got newborn pics done and I regret it but I do have a recommendation.  She's done LO's 6 month pics and 1st birthday pics and a couple friends' newborn pics.  Her name is Heather and website:  www.ajuicypearphotography.com  she specializes in newborn and maternity and she is great.  She can come to wherever you are or want to do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No recs, just a congrats! I must have missed the announcement. Hope you, your DW and the babies are all doing well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I did mine at 3 days old - the morning after we came back from the hospital.  It's never too late - go for it.  I LOVED my photographer, but unfortunately, she just moved to Ohio (she's a military wife).  I was sooo sad to see her go.
  • Options

We did ours at one week, and used Megan Russell. Her website is:

https://www.meganrussellphotography.com

We loved the pics, and are doing 6 month pictures with her in a few weeks. She has great plans where you can buy all the pics on a CD, or just a portion of them. One of the main reasons I liked her was that you didn't have to buy prints from her, so we were able to just get the prints done at Shutterfly. Saved a ton of money that way. 

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

OMG, when did you get pregnant!?!?!?!? I totally missed that! Congrats to you and your wife! That's so awesome and I'm sure your LOs are beautiful!

A good friend of mine (and nestie Jenair), does newborn photography. I think I recommended her to you last year when you were looking for family portraits? https://jlaphotos.com/blog/

I think she recs getting them done in the first couple of weeks.

congrats again!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just wanted to congratulate you and your family. I remember you posting about choosing a sperm donor and now your babies are here! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"