Minnesota Babies

Evening child care north metro

I am 23 weeks and just starting to wonder about child care for when i go back to work. Im due the end of july and plan on taking 2 months off of work so i wont need child care until end of september begining of october. When should i start looking? I want to use a home daycare, i work evenings so would need a daycare open to evenings. anyone know of a daycare in the anoka/andover/blaine/c oon rapids area that does evenings?

Re: Evening child care north metro

• Most in-home daycares will close around 4:30 or 5.  I had a tough time even finding anyone to watch my DD until 5:30 or 6. 

The only daycare I have ever heard of that stays open past 6 is Crayon Box Academy.  They have locations in Fridley and *** Rapids.  I toured the Maple Grove one (which just changed names) and was not impressed at all.  But it might be your only option so give them a call!  www.crayonboxacademy.com

Another option would be to find a nanny that would watch your child in your home.  That would be very nice for bedtime, etc.  :)  Maybe you could find a college student?

Good luck! 

• Hi. I'm also 23 weeks, due July 24. I started calling home day care providers two weeks ago and they all said it was too early to know for sure if they'll have openings in the fall. I suggest compiling a list of day care providers near you (I used www.mnchildcare.org) and just start calling. If you don't get many responses, try back in a month.

From my very limited experience, the day care providers near me (I live in NE minneapolis) all close between 4 - 6. I agree with the previous poster who suggested a nanny. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"