Nurseries and Baby Gear

POLL:CRIB...WHITE OR ESPRESSO

trying to choose between white and espresso....the espresso seemed to show scratches easy....the white is nice and fresh for a nursery and child's room...but could always be the victim of crayons/markers/pens....very torn....please help! Have to go choose it tomorrow.

Babi Italia Eastside in White

Babi Italia Pinehurst or Eastside in Espresso

[Poll]

Re: POLL:CRIB...WHITE OR ESPRESSO

• I have two girls and both rooms have white furniture in them.  I agree with the light, fresh, young look of the white in a baby's nursery.  But, like I said I have girls.  I might have done the espresso for boys. 
  • white for girl, espresso for boy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with white for girl and espresso for boy...but we don't know what we are having yet and would like this to be used for our next child also....

so considering that....thoughts?

• No offense, ladies, but you sound like my mother!

DH & I have agreed, due to the coloring of house (we live in a 1950s Eichler home with wood paneling walls) that we would have white nursery furniture.  We will not know boy or girl until Friday, but we still don't care.

DH grew up with a white dresser, which we still have and use in the guest room...he said "it didn't scar him."

BUT...Espresso seems to be the "in" color right now.  It really is your choice.  =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMyLilBean:
    white for girl, espresso for boy :)

This.  I was planning on white furniture for my 1st pregnancy but once I realized he was a boy, I changed my mind.  I did black for him.  I am having a girl this time and bought white.  (white can be cute for a boy, it's just not my taste) 

• I am not a fan of white furniture generally, so I voted espresso.  I bought espresso furniture for my nursery and I am having a girl.  It's just your personal preference and what will go well in that room. 
  • I voted Expresso but to be honest it was because my entire house has that color furniture and it just fits our style more. I grew up with Cherry furniture and my folks only had to buy to buy me two sets of furniture. The one I got in high school is still at their house and looks great.

I did have a little table to color on and I guess I just wasn't one of those kids that messed things up.

HTH.

• I went with Espresso because I got a nice dresser that will take him through teens (and beyond) and I thought the Espresso finish would be more versatile over the long haul.

However, I was very torn myself, I think they are both great choices and I don't think you could go wrong either way. 

• We would have gone with white for a girl and we're going with espresso for a boy :)
  • We went with espresso for our son. I can't decide what we are doing with this little girl. The espresso would flow better with the bedding I want, but I'm not sure that will always be the case. Best Wishes!
  • We're going to have white regardless, it's more "baby" to me than the darker woods.  Plus, our house is very coastal/PB so the white will fit right in.

• I don't know where the white for girl, espresso for boy thing is coming from? Odd. I think the espresso stain is somewhat trendy (and too dark IMO for a nursery) so I'd go with white for either a boy or a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• We are doing black furniture, regardless of if it is a boy or a girl. My best friend did all white and she had a boy.  So I think it is totally personal preference.  We like a more modern look, my bff likes a more traditional/beachy look. I don't think it has anything to do with the gender, it has to do with your style and what fits in with the rest of your home.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"