Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Dresser Drama

I have decided not to buy matching crib/dresser combos because of how outrageous the costs are.  My crib is pretty much black so it makes buying dressers pretty easy when it comes to matching colors.  However...I am having big problems finding dressers that aren't pieces of crap for a decent price.  I'm not unreasonable, I know you get what you pay for; but come on!  I can't see spending $500 for something made of particle board!  What kind of dresser are you getting?
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dresser Drama

• Options
    JCPenney has well made furniture for a decent price.
  • Options
    I got an expensive convertible crib (I figured it was worth the money) and an inexpensive dresser from Ikea. They look good together and the espresso/black brown shades match great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We, too, will be getting an Ikea dresser - a long one that can be used as a changing table as well.  It's made of good wood, and solid (we already checked it out in the store).  Plus Ikea has safe products (versus some of those out there with the formaldehyde-leaching wood composites).   It is almost $300, but it will be used for a long time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got a munire convertible crib and double dresser for $1000 total.  It's solid wood.  I'm not sure what your price points are.

Have you looked into ikea?  I know you have to put it together but I hear their stuff is good and its wood.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We splurged on the dresser, but we figure that unlike the crib, he can use it forever, and even take it with him when he moves out if he's so inclined. Got the Simple Dresser from Land of Nod, which has a really classic look. It has held up wonderfully and I like the safety features (can only open one drawer at a time, drawers won't pull out all the way). I think it's $699.

Pottery Barn Kids has some for a lot less. 

• Options

We're refinishing a dresser that was my MILs growing up.

If we weren't, I'd be looking at Ikea or a normal dresser from an adult furniture shop and changing out the handles. Or, maybe even JCP.

• Options
    We got our dresser and crib from IKEA.  I love them!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're refinishing my husband's old dresser and painting it black.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought an old one from a consignment store for $175.  It's solid wood, no veneer and so incredibly heavy.  I am going to paint it.  Try craigslist and local resale shops. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"