New to The Bump

Not-Ready-Yet Guilt and Neurosis

Hello ladies, noob here.  Forgive me, but it's too late at night for me to call my mother or a girlfriend, so if anyone has the patience, I have questions for the more-experienced.

I'm on BC and not TTC, so every time I have a "pregnancy scare," I have terrible guilt.  I feel bad for not wanting a baby yet, and scared that if I am pregnant and don't know it yet, I'll hurt the baby by continuing to take birth control.  I've worn out Google looking for information to assuage my fears, but I still have irrational anxiety.

Then there's the fact that I miss pills all the time and as a result keep getting mini-periods in-between the regular one, if it's a weird color I think it's implantation bleeding, if I feel gross even for an obvious reason like dehydration I run home and take a pregnancy test, etc.

I'm psyching myself out and it's not even necessary. Anybody been through such neurosis and found a way to get their head straight? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

"Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend

Re: Not-Ready-Yet Guilt and Neurosis

• Sounds like you just need to relax!! I often took my pills at different times of the day and would spot throughout my cycle (could be due to the pill).

Try to take your BCP's at the same every day. If not and if you are TTA, use condoms! GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's not wrong to not want a baby yet.  If you're not ready, you're not ready. 

I'd recommend talking to your doctor about the type of birth control you are on.  He/she could explain how it works and the side effects it could have if you were preganant.  (although from the number of women who get pregnant while on BC, I would assume that the side effects are minimal)  It might also be worth talking to your doctor about a different type of BC, since the pill doesn't seem to be the most practical for you.

• Loading the player...
  • I had the almost same situation. Since your not prego yet, and your on BC (yes prego, i use that phrase) you can do that. I had to get off my BC cuz I was having side-effects after a surgery. I got prego. and freaked out...I was 18, just straight out of high school...engaged...wanted a year or two to process stuff...but I'm sooo happy with my little man and wouldn't change it for the world.

You could also talk to your doctor about taking a stronger dosage to make you feel a little more comfortable, like Catie513 suggested. Just not too strong. I had different ones and one of them made me lactate, which made me freak out even more. LOL.

• Have you considered something like Nuvaring? Or any other type of bc that doesn't require daily action? I wouldn't feel guilty but if it's not what you want, then try to be more careful.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Find another form of BC. If you're missing pills on a regular basis and putting yourself through this, you need to find something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"