Nurseries and Baby Gear

Quinny Zapp/MaxiCosi

Opinions?

DH and I were all set on getting the Chicco Keyfit system, and then we started playing with the stroller, and while it is sturdy, it is also bulky.  So we started looking around, and found the Quinny Zapp.

Do any of you ladies have any experience with this stroller and the MaxiCosi car seat that would fit it? 

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Quinny Zapp/MaxiCosi

• Maxi cosi is a good car seat has a puzzle lock which some people dont like but its not that bad.  The zapp is a great stroller and I wish I had gotten it instead of my Silver cross pop.  I love my pop but the zapp works so much better with my 33 lb daughter and the pop does not now that we are close to the weight limit.
  • We bought the Zapp (but haven't used it yet).  We are not using it with a carseat, but really love it so far!  It was easy to put together, and seems very easy to fold up and store.  DH is super excited, as this was his pick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the Zapp and so far love it (but this has been on trip around the neighborhood to get the dog used to it before the baby comes). The folding was the biggest selling point since I have a small trunk. But I'm not using the car seat because I wanted to check how it would fit in my car but cannot find it in any store, so i went with one I could try out. I'll just wait until after 6mos. to use the stroller. It'll be rainy/colder then anyway.
  • We looked into it but decided against it since it doesn't recline at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies! We went to BRU in a couple of towns over to see the MaxiCosi, and they didn't have it (like our BRU said they would), but they had the Quinny Zapp 4 on clearance there for $50 off!  Plus our 20% off coupon still applied!  So we picked it up after playing with it for a little while longer.  It seems really great.  Now just to find a store that carries the MaxiCosi Mico in stock! 
  • We have the quinny buzz and the maxi cosi and have been very happy with both.  The puzzle lock is not hard to do at all and our dd loves it.  She falls asleep in her seat all the time and never fusses when in her seat.  We also love the buzz and get compliments on it all the time.  We got our seat from bru online in thejuice combo.  I must say that we get more compliments on our stroller and carseat.  I can't say anyting about the zapp but if is made to the same quality as the buzz than you will be getting a great stroller!
  • I hated my Zapp and sold it about two weeks after buying it. The fold is small, but not particularly "easy" (see: Baby Jogger's one-handed fold, or even a Mac); it's not light enough to really be considered an umbrella, no shocks (so if you're using it for a day outing, e.g., the zoo) it's not comfortable, no storage, no recline, it "feels" quite rickety, and zero sun shade.  Plus, if you have a tall child, forget it; at two years old, my son was already too tall for the zapp.  In fact, there's a super high end stroller store here on Michigan Ave that won't even sell it anymore b/c the quality is so bad.  I got a great deal on it and was SO bummed it didn't work out for us, but thank goodness for Craigslist.  It's not the worst stroller in the world - it steers GREAT and looks cool - but I just wasn't happy with ours.  I bought the baby jogger city mini single and haven't looked back.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"