I just got served — The Bump
Single Parents

I just got served

I just got served the divore papers and I don't know why but it feels like a punch in the face.

And yes, HE seved me. He has money for lawyers that I just didn't have. By the time I hired a lawyer I was full term and days away from my induction. My biggest fear is him getting more of Andrew than I am comfortable with. I wish we could do this outside of court because it seemed to me like we were agreeing on things! I hate this

Life isn't fair but it's still good.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2zogf1k.jpg[/IMG]

Re: I just got served

• Document everything... Did he physically serve you?  it really doesnt matter who files for divorce...and you don't have to agree to his terms of the divorce... what was his reason for the divorce?  Make sure you have documentation for of the DV and of the need for supervisors at his visits...
    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/blondnearby/RandIresize.jpg[/IMG]
    [CENTER]My 2nd chance at happily ever after...[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Making it official March 30, 2013[/CENTER]
  • I don't think you have to worry about that too much. You have a restraining order against him, they grant those in serious situations only. If you can get a restraining order on him, I'm sure the judge will see things your way. That and Andrew is an infant. No judge in their right mind would take a breastfeeding infant away from their momma. The way my lawyer explained it to me (I know we don't live in the same state, but this seems pretty common across the board), is that it's pretty safe to say he'll have supervised visits until you are done breastfeeding or Andrew turns a year, whichever comes first. That's when you need to start worrying, but he probably won't have any overnight visits until Andrew is older. Don't worry girl, you have a strong case against him. Just document everything and I think you will be fine. :)
  • mrgnmrgn
    Sixth Anniversary Photogenic

image blondnearby:
    Document everything... Did he physically serve you?  it really doesnt matter who files for divorce...and you don't have to agree to his terms of the divorce... what was his reason for the divorce?  Make sure you have documentation for of the DV and of the need for supervisors at his visits...

This. You've said before that you've documented most of the things that have happened between you two. Now that the court process has begun, I think that it will be good to have things down on paper and in a CO. I don't know why he thought it would benefit him to go through the court system, but odds are definitely in your favor... especially now because the baby is so young and you are breastfeeding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards