Our DD was born missing her knee joint, ankle joint and tibia in one leg. Every doctor we've consulted with has recommended amputation. We are so torn with all the breakthroughs in medicine these days who's to say that there might not be something in the next five years that could be done to correct her leg.
I guess the other part that weighs on us is that the way her leg is, well she's not going to die from it. And she's already had heart surgery (and will need more in the future) which worries me that something will happen if she has any surgery.
If you had to make this choice, how . . . what helped you decide that it was the right thing to do? DH and I change our minds every other day! Right now she's 10 months old and I at least want to wait and see how she crawls, etc. but time is flying by and i feel we are being pressured to make a decision now.