Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Honesty Poll.........

If you could stay at home with your LO (either work from home or not) would you?

Re: Honesty Poll.........

• Options
    No.  I would go mad.
  • Options
    In a heartbeat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would love to be able to work part time, maybe 7-12 every day and then have the rest of the day off to spend with DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageToledoDeux:
    No.  I would go mad.

Ugh.  I really want to, but I'm afraid I'd go crazy as well.

• Options
    C.MoC.Mo member
    If I could work part time, I would love it. I could not be a full time SAHM though. It was not for me.
  • Options

Only if I could work from home. I would need something to take my mind off house work.

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

If I found a job (that I totally loved) then I would stay at home.  But I don't ever see that in my near-future.

I am a teacher so I am lucky enough to get out early during the day, have weekends, holidays, and the summers off. My insurance and retirememnt is fabulous.

And I love spending time with other people, other than the ones at Target, where I frequented everyday when I was on maternity leave.

So, I guess, no, I wouldn't stay home...

• Options
    I would love to have a part time job to get out of the house and out of mommy mode for a couple hours a week (like 15-20)
  • Options
  • Options
    I workt PT and it is perfect.  I could not stay home all the time.  I may feel differently once summer is here since we have a small water park just 3 blocks from our house.
  • Options
    absolutely, in a heartbeat
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options
    No. I'd work part time OR work from home but have DS in daycare (or hire a nanny) part time, but I wouldn't stay home full time.
  • Options
    A part time job would be ideal. Full time SAH, don't know if I could do it.
  • Options

Ideal would be working a job with very constrained hours/days per week that I like as much as the job I have now.  

• Options

Yes but I would have a hard time getting things done

• Options
    No, my ideal life is working part-time (outside of the house).
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    I would like to have a part time job, like 15-20 hrs a week. I don't think I could be a full-time SAHM.
  • Options
    No.  I could maybe see going part time.  But I find myself to be much more patient (with DH too) when I work.
  • Options
    in a heartbeat
    My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
  • Options
    imagemavilabride:
    Yup.
  • Options
    Absolutely, in a heartbeat!  I've wanted to be a SAHM my whole life and working kills me every day......I know it would be a lot of work, but I would prefer it over working.  I hate not being with Alexander more....
  • Options
    Probably not. I'm another for whom part time work outside the home would be ideal.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    No. I adore DS, but I could not do it. Ideally I would work part-time.
  • Options
    Absolutely.
    I HAVE CHILDREN.
  • Options

ASOLUTELY POSITIVELY STAY HOME!!!   but I can't Sad

• Options
    I am a working and SAHM...if that makes any sense.  I stay home M-F with DD and work on Sat and Sun.  DH is home on the weekends.  This way we do not have to pay for daycare.  BUT, if I could be a complete SAHM...I definitely would!
  • Options
  • Options
    No way. I am a teacher so I love my summers off and breaks but I took over 4 months maternity leave and was about to go insane.

• Options
    I would work part-time if I had the option.  Best of both worlds!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What I'd really like to do is clone myself so I could work full-time and also be with DD full-time.  Oh, and another clone to take care of all the housework and random errands would be nice.  Yep, I think with about 3 of me I could do it all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageToledoDeux:
    No.  I would go mad.

This. Oh, so very much this. 

• Options

I'm a SAHM now, and honestly, if I could find a job I enjoyed that paid enough to cover daycare and some extra for bills or savings, I would do it. I love my son, but he drives me crazy most days. He fights sleep so he naps *maybe* two hours total all day but gets hella fussy when he's sleepy, and since DH takes it upon himself to work until 7PM or later every day, I'm at my wits end by the time I can hand DS over. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• Options
    Sometimes I think so and others I don't. I guess it depends on how my work day went! lol
  • Options
    imageNoelle2375:

I would love to be able to work part time, maybe 7-12 every day and then have the rest of the day off to spend with DD.

This sounds like a dream!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageC.Mo:
    If I could work part time, I would love it. I could not be a full time SAHM though. It was not for me.
    This. Although I might feel differently if DS were in daycare. Right now his grandma watches him full tiMe and it's a great comfort to me.
  • Options
    Yes, and I do.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    I am a SAHM and I love it.  I thought I would get bored, but there is so much to do and I've been able to get to know other SAHMS in my neighborhood, volunteer with my church and do other things I would not be able to do while working.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options

No way I could do it!  I would go crazy!

But I have the best working situation. 
    If I were in a job where I worked long hours, traveled, etc my answer might be different.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"