Secondary IF
Options

I really need advice, please

If you don't mind, it's all written out here.  This issue is whether to have my polyp removed on Tuesday or to wait at least one more cycle.  I just found out that I'd have to wait until Tuesday to have it removed this cycle, and my follie check is Wednesday.  The immediate goal is to maximize our chances for this cycle...there's no need for any reason to take a break according to my RE.  I can have it removed later if I don't get pg.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/33974921.aspx

THANK YOU if you can get through all of that.  I'm really feeling completely stuck and I'm going to be a wreck after I put DD down for her nap. :(  After my c/p last week, followed by some Femara and HSG vs. SHG drama earlier this week, and now the polyp these last 3 days...it's been 10 straight days of this taking up my every thought. :(

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
Our early Christmas present 12/9/10

Re: I really need advice, please

• Options

If I remember correctly, you've had more than one c/p? If they don't know why, I think I'd skip this cycle and have the polyp removed.  But maybe if there has *only* been one c/p go ahead and see if this cycle is your sticky bfp?

(sorry, I don't like using only there, but couldn't think of a better word) 

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't think there is an immediate rush to do it or pressure yourself into doing something on a whim.

I thought most chemicals were due to a chromosomal abnormality??....or so they say.  I had one in sept.....and had my hysteroscopy the month before.

I am sorry you are in this situation and i have no great advice, you just have to do what is best for you.

I guess i would probably listen to your RE and go through with this cycle.  If it doesn't work, plan on getting it removed in the near future, but something you can plan....and not make yourself a nervous wreck on trying to fit everything in and stressing yourself out completely.  I think we all totally put these time frames on everything, because undoubtedly we all wanted to be pregnant yesterday.  I know i was a BASKET CASE trying to plan everything for this last IVF!   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Queenbone, thanks so much for your thoughts.  I've had 1 1/2 c/ps, LOL -- one in January, and the one last week was so early that I don't think it even officially counts.  But *I* know.  My RE has been thinking it's been an egg quality issue more than a polyp issue, but I'm still waiting to get back the b/w which would tell me more about egg quality.  No worries about saying "only" -- I understand and the difference between 1 and 2 makes me question the relevance too!

Eyenerd, you've been beyond sweet today and I appreciate it more than you know.   Your comments make complete sense.  It's just hard since I'm not sure if I should let the one day difference change the entire ballgame.  We struggled enough to finally decide to take the plunge yesterday afternoon.

Maybe I'll reframe the weekend as a good thing and call my RE on Sunday if I haven't heard form him before that.  I'm just going to wait to call now since I just called on Wednesday, when he was at the AIRPORT, and my questions are still the same...he just had to rush because I think they were about the close the gate!  He was kind enough to give me his cell number on Wednesday, and I used it just hours later :blush:, but I'll use it again if I have to. :(  Regardless, I'm still getting quite conflicting information about the location being a major factor (he didn't mention it at all when we met on Wednesday...I asked him Wednesday evening), and indeed in the end it's my call.  I just know it was his suggestion to wait, whether based on his trip or not I don't know for sure, and *I'm* the one who has confused matters. :(  I just don't want another c/p...I'd totally feel the blame if I didn't have it removed.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I dont have any advice just wanted to say I'm sorry and thinking about you...I hate the unknown of the future and not knowing if a choice you make today might or might not have changed things.
  • Options
    I too cannot offer advice since I do not know too much about polyps. I do think that (as said previously) you do not need to rush into this decision and it might be best to wait till next cycle if this one is a bfn. 

I am thinking of you, hoping all goes well no matter what you choose. I'm also sorry that lately you are feeling down about all this. I am sending you big virtual hugs and hoping that this is THE cycle and you don't have to worry about the polyp anymore!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Thank you for your kind thoughts, ladies.

And thanks for the hugs, hoping4more.  I seriously feel them. :)

Admittedly I'm still stuck.  I'm leaning toward doing it, but I don't know if that's wise or not. :(

imageimageimage

• Options

Well I was thinking about a few things you may want to consider to help you with your decision: 

Didn't you say your Re is on vacation? How comfy do you really feel with another Re doing it? Would you feel more at ease if your Re was doing it, or does it not make a difference?

What about help... would either time be better to get a friend, relative or hubby to stay with you for the day to keep an eye on your DD while you are in the procedure, and afterwards if you happen to be sore at all? 

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • Options

Thanks for being so thoughtful.

I like the other RE.  I've met her twice, once after a follie check in Feb. (the one where my cyst was found) since my RE was in surgery, and she actually ended up doing my SHG on Wednesday since we had been waiting an hour....she did the procedure, and then we met with my RE to talk about it.  Totally painless, and I like her bedside manner.  I'd still be doing all communication with my RE, which is nice since he's known me for so long.

DH was set to take Monday off, and hopefully with the change he can switch to taking Tuesday off.  It's at 9:30 and he'd be home all day.  I know I'll be loopy...I couldn't do it if he weren't here.  (I've been borderline managing DD this week as it is!)

imageimageimage

• Options
    Sounds to me like you would be good to do it Tuesday and you have thought about it well. Good luck!
    Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"