Pregnant after 35
Options

what EDD do you go by?

I see a MW on my reg appt and I also go to peri every 2wks, at MW my edd is has me at 21wks today and at peri Im 19wk 6d today...

I said something to MW aabout it and she said her date was more accurate after she also measured my stomach...

So I was wondering what date would you ladies stick too?

Re: what EDD do you go by?

• Options
    I went with the one they gave me at my confirming U/S. but honestly it is just an estimate, I ended up being 5 days late with my first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't trust belly measurements. I would go with the one based on your LMP date.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLyndaCarter:

I don't trust belly measurements. I would go with the one based on your LMP date.

the belly measurement coincides with my LMP she had only used that as a reassurnace thats all.my MW always went by my LMP..

• Options
    What is your peri basing your edd on?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options

imageshawn&tony:
    the baby

I would go by the LMP b/c babies grow at different rates at different times but 40 weeks from LMP is standard.  At one point my baby was in the 50th percentile, and now she is in the 33rd percentile, but my EDD remains the same.  In other words, just b/c she is smaller now doesn't extend my EDD.  

• Options
    Stick with the LMP date from your MW, since you know that date exactly. Ditto on baby measurements being off depending on growth rates.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options

This was an issue with my first - I disagreed about what week I was in. If you did any ovulation testing and ovulated more or less regularly than that would be your most accurate way of calculating the EDD. Otherwise it is all just that, an estimate. If you don't have any intuition about which it is than go with whatever suits your purposes :)

It won't make any medical difference unless your water breaks/ labor starts before 37 weeks (preemie) or you are approaching 42 weeks (eviction time). Other than that, baby will pick the party date. I would probably not make many plans for that time period and just keep your fingers crossed that the sooner date will be the best guess. Good Luck!

• Options
    I had 3 and went by the middle one.
  • Options
    imageUTKD:

imageshawn&tony:
    the baby

I would go by the LMP b/c babies grow at different rates at different times but 40 weeks from LMP is standard.  At one point my baby was in the 50th percentile, and now she is in the 33rd percentile, but my EDD remains the same.  In other words, just b/c she is smaller now doesn't extend my EDD.  

Me & my hubby decided to go by EDD also!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"