Illinois Babies

Restless Leg Syndrome (aka "Jimmy legs" - Seinfeld)

Does anyone else suffer from restless leg?  I don't have it severe, really, just enough to be annoying.  And pregnancy seems to have highlighted it. 

Anyone get any relief from any sort of natural product? 

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome (aka "Jimmy legs" - Seinfeld)

• Is it due to low potassium? Bananas are a good source.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been eating my banana a day to keep away the leg cramps but it does nothing for RLS :) 

RLS is more of a neurological thing....just did some googling and it said that it often appears in women in their 3rd trimester and often disappears 4 weeks after delivery.  Here's to hoping........

• Loading the player...
  • It's a neurological thing, and physical therapy will help!!

I'm starting physical therapy myself this week

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • my doc said the meds he would give me are narcotics for RLS... I have had it since I was a kid, and it has just gotten really bad the last few months of this pregnancy - I HATE it!!!! Hard to sleep... would be lost without my body pillow (I lie on my left side). The other night my wonderful man tucked me into bed, positioning me on my side with pillows between my legs and behind me and tucking blanket in behind me... I LOVE this man!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I too have had this since childhood... and pregnancy made some nights absolutely unbearable! Nothing really helps me but walking and/or massaging. I have found that if I can get my husband to work on my ankles and calves for me (rather intensely!) I can find some relief to get to sleep if I'm having a particularly bad night. I have him squeeze my feet pretty hard and really dig in around the joints. For some reason, I feel it the worst in my ankles... Grrr. It's the WORST. I feel for you, really I do.
  • I've had this too all my life and pregnancy has definitely made it worse!  Walking has been the best relief I have found as well as doing some really simple stretches on the floor (which of course are getting harder as I get bigger).  The massaging definitely helps.  I get it bad in my calves and he'll just press really hard at different points on my calves and that really helps. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"