Baby Showers

anyone do something creative with the baby bath tub?

I bought my bff the bath tub she registered for, washcloths, diapers, wipes, bath toys, hooded towel, butt cream...

I was thinking of making a diaper cake and putting it in the bathtub and then have the other items around it in the tub.  I'm not sure if a diaper cake would fit well in the tub.  Another idea was to roll the diapers up like when you make a cake but just have them around the inside of the tub and then putting the items in the middle.  I've tried searching on-line but I can't find anything. 

I'd love all suggestions and it would be great if you could PIP things you've done.  TIA!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: anyone do something creative with the baby bath tub?

• for my cousins first baby shower our aunt did something with like a big box with a lid, she taped a clothes line to the inside of the lid and pinned a whole bunch of baby clothes to the line, so when she opened it up all these clothes would come out at the same time, she walked to the side and there hang all the clothes for every 1 to see. my aunt went crazy and it was a cute surprise. 

Shes pregnant again (6yrs later) and my mom is giving her a surpise baby shower (she thinks shes not gonna get another 1 bc her mom lives in texas now and bc I'm going to be having a baby shower shortly after her and my aunt who did the first shower 4 her just had a grandbaby her self...so she thinks we're to busy and will be to broke for it.... but we love her and the future little one so were doing something) Ps. my younger cousin who just had her baby will be doing that idea again for her.

wow i hope i didnt say that to confusing but im sure i have baby brain lol look at me makin excuses :P

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I fixed one for a lady at our church- I wish I had a pic so I could show you how I arranged it. Her Baby was due in the spring so I bought a large plastic baby tub and filled it with paper easter grass and put all her little goodies I bought for her in there, I got pacifiers, wipes, butt paste, wash cloths, hooded towels, baby lotion, baby head to toe wash, ect. Then I bought some little plastic eggs and put around in the grass in the tub and ppl from our church put donations to help her out with a little note from them in the eggs. It was really cute and you could fix it around any holiday if you wanted. You could also fix her a diaper cake and just display it on the table or counter... from all the showers I've been to, thats usually what they do anyway. Hope this helped some!

• Loading the player...
  • if you go with the diaper cake idea, one idea would be to make the diaper cake bath themed - - putting a rubber ducky on top, putting bath toys on it, etc.
  • My friend used it as a basket and put a ton of things in there. Clothes, towels, wash clothes, bibs, socks, etc then wrapped it with plastic wrap. It was very cool!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • imagekrissyh21:
    My friend used it as a basket and put a ton of things in there. Clothes, towels, wash clothes, bibs, socks, etc then wrapped it with plastic wrap. It was very cool!

I agree with plastic wrap and a pretty ribbon around the tub full of things.  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"