Pregnant after 35
Options

Politely asking strangers to wash their hands before touching baby...

Wanted to share this with you mom's to be... I recently became familiar with them and think they are great, especially for newborns.

These are tags that you can hang from the stroller that politely ask strangers to refrain from touching your LO until they have washed their hands. Or it is another way of politely asking people to NOT touch your baby!

https://www.mytinyhands.com/index.htm

Re: Politely asking strangers to wash their hands before touching baby...

• Options
    This would be perfect esp. in cold/flu season.  People don't remember that little ones have such small immune systems compared to adults.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am always amazed when strangers attempt to touch a child they don't know. I find it so odd. Germ central!  My friend was out with her baby (at the mall). An elderly lady stopped to "ooh and ahh" over the baby. Then....to my friend's SHOCK....the lady leaned down and kissed her baby. My friend didn't even have time to react because she was dumbfounded. This strange lady kissed her child. Crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much!

Side:  My mom loves to tell the story about me as an infant in the grocery store.  Some little old lady came up and started cooing and chucking me under the chin.  My mom was very uncomfrtable with this stranger touching her baby and was trying to figure out how to tell her when I solved the issue.  I took one look at the lady, stuck out my tongue and blew the noisest wettest raspberry at her!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm confused - why not just tell strangers not to touch your kid?
  • Options
    There is no polite way---simply hand them the sanitizer.  We did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think the sanitizer is a great idea, and way less offensive than the signs are, if you're worried about being polite.
  • Options
    LMarkLMark member
    Bottles of hand sanitizer is a must-have!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"