Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone prescribed compression stockings?

OMG...this pregnancy is really doing a number on my veins and legs...I had these with the girls and each time it gets worse and worse.  My second baby I wore these things like twice, I just couldn't get myself to wear them.  Well now, there is absolutely no relief unless I do wear them.  (which I swear I wouldn't because they are so uncomfortably and put me in a bad mood)  Right now I have a pair of knee highs and thigh highs in my collection.  Can anyone recommend a specific style that you can actually deal with comfortably?  I think I have Sigvaris (sp?).  Name your brand too.

TIA

Re: Anyone prescribed compression stockings?

• Options

I wasn't prescribed anything, but my cankles were freaking me out, especially the deep grooves around the sock lines that I get, so I bought a pair of knee highs made by Jobst that I like.  They're Jobst "women's casual therapeutic support knee high socks"  and they're rated 8-15mmHg.  I think this light level of compression is plenty for me. 

all the best,

Susan 

• Options

I have 3 from Jobst, too.

Two knee-highs with light and medium compression and one pair of knee high sport socks, light compression.

It sucks when they start to roll down cause if you don't fix it, it hurts!  I only wore them for a few weeks.  Since I've been on bed rest, I haven't needed to wear them.... or well, I just haven't.

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"