Pregnant after 35

The Bag

I'm curently packing "the bag" for the hospital.  Read what was good to pack on the site but I want personal input.  What worked for you ladies and your babies and your spouses.  BTW DH said all he needed was a six pack.  I told him he'd better get to the gym!

Re: The Bag

• As of right now I have packed LO bag with 2 different outfits, teeshirt, receiving blanket,her baby book for footprints, bib and pacifiers. My bag just personal products, going home outfit, change of clothes of DH, camera and video camera, I think that is it. I don't know how prepared I am but hopefully I will soon know.
  • Very impressed you're ahead of the game! We were a week overdue and I still hadn't packed a bag (DH's friend had to pack for us as we were already at the hospital).

If you're planning on BFing, I'd bring nipple cream and bra pads. Otherwise, you sound set!

Good luck and have fun!

• Loading the player...
  • LOL about your comment to DH, funny!

I know I over packed with DD and we didn't use half the stuff I brought.  But, I was expecting a long labor where we would need things to keep us occupied.  Nope, she was born 6 minutes after I arrived at the hospital.  I basically packed like I was going OOT for a night or two - I took my toiletries and some clothes.  Keep in mind that you will not fit into pre-pregnancy clothes but your big maternity clothes might be too big...

The hospital provided these awesome "underware" made of mesh...and pads.  I brought nursing tanks with me too and those were handy.

For DD I brought a going home outfit and a blanket but the going home outfit was not necessary really - first, she was tiny and it was huge and no one saw her - it was just the 3 of us when we left the hospital and by the time we had visitors at home she had already leaked and needed a change of clothes.  That newborn outfit finally fit her when she was bout 7 weeks old!!  DH did not stay the night with me though so the next day he could have brought back anything I forgot. 

Oh, I did prefer to have my own pillow - just don't keep a white pillow case on it.

• We needed nursing bra and going home clothes for me, going home clothes for DS and toothbrush/toothpaste and soap.

We packed waaaaaayyyy more than we needed. 

• Here was my must have list from my first.

My pillow (hospital pillows suck)
    Boppy
    Cell phone
    MP3 player (music was such a key to my relaxation during labor)
    Coming home outfit for me (something that still fit my 6 month pregnant looking belly)
    Slippers/Flip flops
    Lightweight robe (I wore the hospital gown instead of my own clothes, I just bled on their stuff instead of my own)
    Nursing tank (if you are breastfeeding)
    Outfit for baby
    Camera
    My usual bath products I would take on a trip anywhere

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Good list Lynda, that's what I brought too. The only things I would add are my laptop, flameless candles, which were much nicer than the hospital fluoresents in the middle of the night on night two when Brigid would NOT sleep for anything. Plus any food they will let you bring and put in the fridge. I actually had Mom bring me green tea ice cream and it was a gift from heaven after delivering.

Six pack - gym - lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, I love the flameless candle idea. That would be really soothing and still provide a little light.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • I packed a whole bag of snacks and stuff that I knew I would eat.  The hospital food was horrible and I wanted food that I wanted!
  • dont' forget your cell phone charger or extra battery/charger for the camera, too!
    PLC 7.16.07 * MDC 10.16.10
    Foundation for Ichthyosis and Related Skin Types
    Educate, inspire and connect those touched by ichthyosis and related disorders through emotional support, information, advocacy and research funding for better treatments and eventual cures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"