Single Parents

My first big purchase

My therapist told me I needed to get him a crib because I have been putting off doing anything baby related. I got him bedding instead. I guess that is some type of progress. I'm not ready to get the crib yet because I still don't have anywhere to put it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Re: My first big purchase

• Hey, its a step. I have been putting that off too, but i really wanted to wait to find  out what im having but just yesterday one of the Nurse anesthetists i work with asked me my due date and told him (aug 22) and he goes "oh wow thats right around the corner!" I had a mini panic attack at that point and started to freak out cuz i have nothing ready lol So hopefully i can get the ball rolling here too, but i doubt it. I dont have anywhere to put a crib at the moment either, so you're not alone on that one :)
  • I totally love this set!  Good choice!  It makes it seem "real" now, doesn't it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamorebella324:
    Hey, its a step. I have been putting that off too, but i really wanted to wait to find  out what im having but just yesterday one of the Nurse anesthetists i work with asked me my due date and told him (aug 22) and he goes "oh wow thats right around the corner!" I had a mini panic attack at that point and started to freak out cuz i have nothing ready lol So hopefully i can get the ball rolling here too, but i doubt it. I dont have anywhere to put a crib at the moment either, so you're not alone on that one :)

I'm glad I am not the only one with crib issues. Because right now I feel like a terrible mom.

And I'm in PA too :-) 

"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • imagefauxshelley:
    I totally love this set!  Good choice!  It makes it seem "real" now, doesn't it?

Thanks! I thought it was calming and he is going to need calm when he gets out. It does seem a little more "real" now.  

• I LOVE this bedding set! It's too cute! Don't feel too bad I didn't buy DS2's crib or changing table until I was 39 weeks. Embarrassed
  • I love the bedding!

Dd didn't have a crib until she was about 3 months old.

I had the packnplay with the newborn napper set up in our bedroom at like 7 months pregnant. She ended up mainly cosleeping the first 3 months!

The bedding is a start. As long as they have somewhere to sleep it will be alright, it doesn't have to be a crib from the getgo!

• DD didn't sleep in her crib until she was 6 months old.  A crib is not a necessity before the LO comes.  She co-slept until then and spend a bit of time in the PNP in my room.
  • I put my DS in a large basket w/ blankets to pad the bottom.  I drug that around b/c he was 10lbs when he was born and I had a C-section and wasn't supposed to lift anything over 10lbs.

I kept him in the basket next to my bed until he could roll over then I put him in a crib.  It made it easier to nurse at night b/c he was right there and it was easy to drag the basket around to where ever I needed it.

Get creative for small spaces. Remember no matter what's advertised on the Bump, Parents magazine, the American Baby magazine; you dont' need everything to have a happy healthy baby.

Highly recommend at least a bouncy seat and a swing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the bedding!  It is very relaxing.  I just got my crib and stuff up about 2 weeks ago.  You've got time.  I don't think baby is even going to sleep in it for awhile because I have the PNP and I plan on using the newborn napper while she co-sleeps at first. 
  • mine still sleeps in the pack n play bassinet next to my head (i like to hear him breathing)  He is used to his crib though because he takes his big afternoon nap there.
  • Order the crib. They can take months to actually arrive.
  • Adorable bedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"