Health & Exercise
Options

sciatic nerve pain

I had my baby on March 12th and a few days after having her I started struggling with sciatic nerve pain (in my tailbone area) .  I experienced it a bit during pregnancy.  I would feel it after sitting for a while, but it was never bad enough I had to stop any activity.  Now I can hardly walk!  I'm going to the chiropractor on Friday, but I just hate this.  I want to be able to get out and walk and start running in a week or two.  Any suggestions?  I've been taking advil around the clock and it helps some, but I want the pain gone!!!!

Re: sciatic nerve pain

• Options
    When mine flares up I stretch. You can also try heat and ice.  Until you get to the chiropractor it might not help much. 
  • Options
    Heat, tylenol/motrin, and rest :( Your doc may be able to give a muscle relaxer until you see the chiropractor.  I wouldm't have been able to work while prego if it wasn't for mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The best way to get rid of sciatic pain is to use a golf or tennis sized ball and apply pressure in the middle of your buttocks/gluts on that side. You can sit or lay on the ball, the more direct the pressure, the intense it will be. But over a few minutes time the pain will completely go away. No Chiro needed. I do this each time after I have cleaned the house and have the sciatic pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"