Trouble TTC
Options

Cold feet causes infertility?

So I think I have read too many infertility sites now.  I read today that having cold feet causes infertility.  My feet are always cold.  Like ice cubes cold!  So now I am not suppose to drink milk, eat wheat or chocolate, I have to wear two pairs of socks and try to always stay relaxed?  Really?  I told my DH and he laughed.  Then he wrote me my own ?What to eat and do when TTC?.  Inside it said ?Eat and do whatever you want.  Just continue to be my wife.?  It made me laugh.

So anyone else heard about the cold feet thing?

Oh ? also just noticed that my DH gives me my vitamins in an egg holder.  I wonder if that is because I take them to help my eggs fertilize.  Lol  
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cold feet causes infertility?

• Options

I couldn't comment on the facts about that, but I have heard:

"Cold feet, warm box"

:-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSallyAnneS:

So I think I have read too many infertility sites now.  I read today that having cold feet causes infertility.  My feet are always cold.  Like ice cubes cold!  So now I am not suppose to drink milk, eat wheat or chocolate, I have to wear two pairs of socks and try to always stay relaxed?  Really?  I told my DH and he laughed.  Then he wrote me my own ?What to eat and do when TTC?.  Inside it said ?Eat and do whatever you want.  Just continue to be my wife.?  It made me laugh.

So anyone else heard about the cold feet thing?

Oh ? also just noticed that my DH gives me my vitamins in an egg holder.  I wonder if that is because I take them to help my eggs fertilize.  Lol  

Indifferent

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGlowconsin:

I couldn't comment on the facts about that, but I have heard:

"Cold feet, warm box"

:-)

LMAO!  My grandma always said, "Cold hands, warm heart".  I like this better!!

• Options
    My granny also says "Cold hands, warm heart".   I like the idea of "cold feet, warm box".  I asked my doctor a few years ago about my hands and feet being so cold all the time and she said "just wait until your pregnant!"  :)
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Probably just some not great circulation.  Make sure you eat right, exercise, don't smoke, etc...you know the drill.

I do vaguely remember my acupuncturist mentioning something about cold feet...but just do the best you can.  I refuse to believe that cold feet causes infertility.

• Options
    imagekdodge423:

So walking in the snow barefoot caused me to be infertile?

Fukc, my friends owe me way more than the $10 they shelled out for that bet.

LOL 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Cold feet and hands can be a sign of other health problems than may play into IF. But, I have never heard any experts or doctors tell me that wearing socks would solve my problems.

Do you have a health condition that precludes drinking milk? One serving of full fat dairy a day is pretty much the ONE food/fertility link that has been shown.

It does sound like maybe  you are on internet info overload. Are you seeing an RE who can guide you with accurate information about your body and TTTC needs?

• Options
    MisNMisN member
    Someone else recently told me this too.  I think it is rooted in Eastern medicine.  Personally, I don't think I buy it....but..then again my feet are always freezing..hmmm.....
  • Options

Actually my acupuncturist said the same thing. It is a Traditional Chinese Medicine symptom for stagnate blood in the kidneys and liver and poor circulation. 

TCM believes that you have to have proper blood flow throughout the body and organs in order to be in balance and conceive and have a growing baby thrive.  They don?t believe in unexplained infertility, something is out of balance if the body isn?t doing what it?s supposed to.

I have cold hands and feed and just cold in general so no wheat, lots of teas with ginger, cinnamon, spicy foods and some herbs she put me on. All are supposed to warm the body and move the blood.  We?ll see if it works. I?m trying it for at least 6 months before we move to IVF (if they dont?t find endo next week). Ya never know but I?m becoming a believer. AF has been much more manageable since I started TCM and I really am getting warmer.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC #1 since September 2008
    All tests normal
    IUI #1, 1/31 50mg Clomid BFN!
    IUI #2, 2/27 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel trigger BFN!
    Laporoscopy March 30th- diagnosed with mild very endometriosis
    IUI #3, 10/10, 2.5mg Femara BFN!
    Hip Surgery 12/10 and forced TTC break
    Diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance 12/10
    June: TTC with TI and 2.5 mg Femara
    IUI #4 & 5 Summer/Fall 2011 with Femara. BFN
    11/11 Diagnosed Compound Heterozygous MTHFR- 7.5 mg Deplin
    IVF #1 take 1- cancelled due to cyst
    IVF #1 take 2- ER Aug 29, 35 retrieved ET Sept 3- 1 beautiful embryo transfered. 11 frozen embryos (AKA snow babies)
    BFP Sept 11, 2012 :D
    Suffering from moderate OHSS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"