Oregon Babies

Can I bounce an idea off you girls?

So I have complained on here about my search for daycare. I "think" we are going to decide on a center right at the 217/26 interchange.

Ok so am I crazy? I work downtown and live on the Eastside...DH works in BEAVERTON aprox 10 minutes from the center.

DH will be dropping off 5 days a week... and he can pick up 2 days a week. So that means I have to drive into hell traffic at 5pm OPPOSITE WAY OF HOME 3 days a week. Am I gonna regret this?

Joleine... it's the same one Morgan is going to!

Re: Can I bounce an idea off you girls?

• I take August to the daycare on Mondays just so I have time to clean.  DH has been dropping him off and picking him up.  The days that I drop off or pick up seem like I am driving forever since I am leaving my house and coming back to my house.  BUT when you love the people taking care of your baby that you don't want to leave anyway?  It is worth it.  August goes to the daycare/preschool that I worked at forever and I love the woman who takes care of him.  Of course I am not in the same position but that is MHO.  

One thing you can think about is you could always do this while you are still looking for somewhere closer to home.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • have you been to the center yet so you know how long it will take? Do you love the center like we do?  Do the pros of the situation outweigh the inconvenience of the extra commute for 3 days out of the week? And like Angela said, if it totally sucks, you can start looking for something else while still having him at that center.. that way you're not SOL on day care when the time comes to go back to work :)

And if you do end up keeping him there, he and Morgan can become bff's ;)  Also if a time ever came that you absolutely couldn't get there by 6pm we could always pick him up for you! :D

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think the drive will be worth it if it is a place you like!  I live in Tigard and work in Hillsboro - daycare will be in Hillsboro, but it will be an in home and a person that I know personally, so it is worth it to me to overshoot my work and drive approx. an extra 30 min doing pick up and drop off.  DH works downtown, so will likely not do any of the driving. 
  • Hmmm. I may be the lone dissenter here, but I would want to drive the route in traffic before committing to it. After a day of work, you really don't want to have to drive all the way to Tigard  and then back to the eastside. I would at least keep looking for somewhere close to your home, even if you start at this place.

All of this said, if you LOVE the daycare provider and feel like they are the best of the best, then you might be able to stick it out. 

I guess I just cant imagine living on the eastside and having DD's daycare in Tigard. 

Hope you figure it out soon! =)

• That's a tough one. We used to live in SE and I work in Hillsboro (this was before we had DD). I drove out and back every day and got used to it though I did spend a lot of time esp. in the evening stuck on 26 and the curves to get onto the Ross Island bridge. It would often take me an hour or more to get home when in the morning it would only take me 40 minutes. I would definitely drive it a few times during rush hour traffic to see what you think of it. And as other pp said, you can always start at that daycare and keep looking for something closer to home. 

• I dont know how to send a PM, but what is this daycare you guys speak so highly of? Seems like it would be in a relatively convenient location for us as well. Just wondered which daycare it is...
  • imageRochelle&Matt:
    I dont know how to send a PM, but what is this daycare you guys speak so highly of? Seems like it would be in a relatively convenient location for us as well. Just wondered which daycare it is...

Rochelle, I sent you a PM with the info :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"