Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How much milk/formula do you give your LO?

I've finally weaned DD off of the boob.

I was giving her a bottle first thing in the AM, morning snack, pm nap, then bed.  I've now taken away the first two bottles in the AM.

Just wondering if i'm not giving her enough.  She has water with breakfast, and I'm giving her an AM snack of fruit or something along those lines.  If we're out, I'll give her a bottle, but if we're home, a snack.

What do you guys do?

Re: How much milk/formula do you give your LO?

• Options
    DD gets 24oz of milk a day. 3 bottles during the day with a sippy cup of milk at each meal. Whatever is left in her sippy cup at the end of the day goes in her 4th bottle of the day right before bed.
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Options

DD is only on pediasure (and going in bi-weekly for weight checks) and I was told 16 ounces of fluid. She gets at least 8 from the pediasure and the rest from water.

She has a BIG issue with milk and liquids in general. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD gets about 20 to 24 oz. of whole milk a day. She gets four sippies a day of 4 to 5 oz. each.
  • Options
    My DD gets anwhere from 16-20 oz of milk a day (about 3 sippys)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would say anywhere from 16-24 oz is a good range.  All pedis different in their recommendation.  You can also supplement with cheese and yogurts.
  • Options
    Up until 1 year (slightly past), they were getting 24 oz of formula a day. Once we transitioned to milk, our pedi recommended 16-24 oz of cow's milk a day. Will usually drinks 16-17 oz a day and Alex usually drinks about 20. They also each drink about 3 oz of juice (for constipation issues) and 8-10 oz of water a day.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

imagemm&cc:
    DD gets about 20 to 24 oz. of whole milk a day. She gets four sippies a day of 4 to 5 oz. each.

That's actually 16-20 oz total.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"