Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Awesome. Just locked myself out of the house.

With a foot of snow on the ground, the kids alone inside (asleep) and me with no coat. The dog went MIA after I let him out and I went in the backyard to find him, shutting the door behind me and not realizing that Finn must have turned the lock on the knob at some point today. Idiot me stood there freezing and in a panic for five minutes before it occurred to me that I could just open the garage door with the code and come in that way. The gate in the fence is frozen shut so I had to hop it and then go dashing around front. My neighbor's son is out snowblowing and I'm sure he either thinks I'm an intruder or completely crazy. If crazy = stupid, this is not that far from the truth.

Re: Awesome. Just locked myself out of the house.

• Options
    That's actually really funny.  Glad you were able to get back in though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first thought when I read the title was, "well at least you have a phone to call someone but why post it on here while you are outside" LOL! Then I finished reading! Glad you got back in! My neighbors would probably have called the police haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

omg - i'm so glad you got back inside.  i just envisioned you sneaking around peaking into your own windows!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That stinks.  Glad you got in!
  • Options
    imagevioletvirgo:

omg - i'm so glad you got back inside.  i just envisioned you sneaking around peaking into your own windows!

LOL. I thought I was going to have to break one of them, and WTH would I have told DH??? But I didn't have a phone, and even if I did, my mom is the only one with a key and she's out of town. I couldn't just hang out at a neighbors until DH gets home in a couple hours because of the boys. Dumb, dumb, dumb. 

• Options
    yikes! glad you got back in!
  • Options
    I'm glad you got back in! This snow is crazy, I'm SO over it.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know this is a last night conversation...but just wanted to share my story which is similar.  I went into our garage, in my pjs, not realizing that the door between the door and the house was locked, so once it was closed, I was out of luck.  Dh was at church, which is luckily close, so I went up to church, in the middle of the service, went in in my pjs and told dh I needed his keys.  And he was up in the very front of the church.  We now keep a key in the garage and one hidden in the backyard, just in case. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"