Philadelphia Babies

OB or Midwife recs- Lehigh Valley

I'm not pregnant again, nor are we trying yet.  However, I wanted to start looking for a new practice for next time around. Last time I went to the Lehigh Valley OBGYN Associates and felt that the practice was just too large, come delivery time I ended up with a doctor I'd never met, who didn't seem supportive of my wanting a med-free delivery (and I didn't get that feel from the entire practice).  Anyway, overall, not my favorite experience. 

Looking for a practice that is VBAC supportive and I'm willing to drive a bit (though, my 1st labor was only 5 hours until I was ready to push, so...maybe not too too far from Whitehall/Allentown area?)

Thanks!

Re: OB or Midwife recs- Lehigh Valley

• I go to the same practice. With my DD they were very supportive of me not wanting meds, and everything went great. Now that I am pregnant with my second, I see that the practice now has a midwife...I haven't met her yet, but maybe you could get an appointment with her.
  • Yeah, I agree, everyone I met with in the practice was very supportive of me not wanting meds as well.  The doctor I got during delivery, whom I'd yet to meet, automatically wanted me to labor in the bed (no walking around), with continuous monitoring, and wanted to hook me up to an IV.  I was not a high risk patient. 

I did, truly, enjoy the practice.  I just really don't want to risk having that particular doctor again, or another doctor I haven't met...I think I need to find a smaller practice. Smile  Maybe I'll ask about the midwife during my next annual appointment, I'm pretty sure she doesn't do VBAC's though- since that's no longer a "low-risk" pregnancy. (at least, I don't think they consider it low risk, I'll definately check into it).

• Loading the player...
  • I go to Lehigh Valley Womans Medical Specialties I think they are good they are on 15th st allentown, I have been seeing Dr Eckert at that practice for a few years she did my surgery adn I love her. as for her stance on VBAC i am not sure but, Dr Osterwald in Allentown is very supportive with VBAC and is a very good dr, she is very knowledgeable doesnt do small talk tho, kinda hard to get used to that. but wonderful never the less
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"