3rd Trimester

Were you able to fit your crib in the car if you picked it up at the store?

I have a corolla and the seats fold down, but I am trying to figure out if I should just have it shipped instead.

Re: Were you able to fit your crib in the car if you picked it up at the store?

• I have an Accord and it was too wide and too long to fit with the seats folded down.

• I guess it depends on the crib, but our store said our crib wouldn't fit in our Ford Edge (a crossover).

ETA: Oh, we also got a dresser, so both the crib and dresser wouldn't fit. We didn't ask about multiple trips...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We were able to fit my crib and mattress into my Altima with the seats folded down, but my crib is very basic (Ikea), so it was on the smaller side.  Also, I didn't have very far to drive, so it was no biggie if we had to tie the trunk down...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had to put our crib into our truck to get it home.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ours barely fit in the back of our truck.  I would say have it shipped.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We barely fit ours in our Jeep Grand Cherokee.  However, the store did say it was one of the bigger cribs.
  • We have a suburban and ours was too big to fit in the back with all the rows of seats out. We had to tie it to the roof which gave me a heart attack the whole way home thinking that it might fall off.

• I have a jeep commander and it just fit in that
  • we have a hand-me-down crib but it fit in my fiance's cavalier with the back seat folded down.  maybe taking it out of the box would be an option?!
  • Nope. We have a Yaris and we had to tie it to the roof, lol.
  • imagestutz29:
    I have a jeep commander and it just fit in that

This.  We could only fit one piece at a time in our Commander.  Just have it shipped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We picked it up in DHs Xterra and it fit but it wouldn't have fit in my Accord.

• Oh no way...we have a tiny little Infiniti G35 coupe and that trunk can barely fit a load of groceries, let alone something that big.  We did pick ours up, but borrowed SIL's Toyota Versa to do so. 

If you have no other access to a bigger car, I say ship it.

• I would call the store and ask how big the box is.  I thought our crib would fit into our highlander but we ended up having to take the whole thing out of the box to fit it in.  The store is over an hour away so we weren't coming back with a truck, which we don't have anyway!  Our crib is pretty big though, a Bonavita convertible, so the box was huge.
  • We got the Baby Cache Uptown Collection from BRU.  I have a full size mountaineer (explorer).  It would NOT fit. We brought a trailer.
  • I picked up my crib with my husbands truck and its a good thing...its in a 6x6' box, its absolutely HUGE!!! I was not expecting something like that at all!
  • Ours wouldn't fit in our Jeep Cherokee or my Nissan Rouge.  My changing table seemed like it barely fit in my Rouge. 
  • we have a Toyota 4runner and the crib was too big for it.  We had to have a friend with a truck help us get it home.
  • We have an Infiniti FX and it didn't fit.  We took the pieces out of the box and it fit but BARELY.  The dresser was no problem.  I can't imagine it fitting in a Corolla but it depends on what size crib.  Ours is the Bonavita Peyton.
  • My in-laws were able to pick up our crib in their Mitsubishi Outlander (?--small sized SUV). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The crib did not fit in our RAV4, but the dresser did.  We borrowed a friend's pickup truck and got the crib the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"