Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Formula question

I'm babysitting a 12 month old right now and the mom gave me some formula for her with no instructions so I need a little help.

She had a bottle this morning and only had a little bit so I put the rest in the fridge. I can just reheat it for her, right? I thought I remembered somewhere that formula is only good for a set amount of time.

Also, she gave me more formula in a Nalgene sort of bottle and told me to just add water. I didn't think to ask how much water I'm supposed to mix it with.

Re: Formula question

• Options

You cannot reheat a bottle that has already been used... a bottle of formula that a baby has drank from is only good for an hour.

Do you know how many ounces of formula she gave you?  That would depend on the amount of water to add. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I thought once the baby drank from the bottle, the formula had to be dumped after an hour or two.

I'm surprised she didn't tell you how much water to add. It depends on the number of scoops (and I usually added the water first and then dumped in the powder).

Sorry, I'm not much help am I?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepam1005:

Do you know how many ounces of formula she gave you?  That would depend on the amount of water to add. 

She gave me about 16-20 oz, I'm guessing, but she didn't close the lid tight and when I put the diaper bag on its side, most of it spilled onto my carpet. I now have 8 oz left.

• Options
    Good grief, she didn't really help you out much on the prep, huh? I wouldn't know how much water to add unless I knew the number of scoops of powder that were in the bottle and I pretty much always put the water in first too (to make sure I was using the right volume of water) and the dumped the formula powder into the water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"