Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Can I *ever have my own meal?

It never fails... I feed ds his breakfast/lunch/dinner and he will want mine too.  

I fed ds tons of turkey, tomatoes and rice for today's dinner until he said he was done.  Then I go to eat my cream of mushroom soup and guess who got most?  

Most of the time I don't mind, but sometimes I just want to eat my food and not have a little bugger eating half. Wah.

Mean mommy vent over.

Re: Can I *ever have my own meal?

• Options

Why don't you just feed him the same thing you are eating at the same time?

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    imagepinksweetpea2:

Why don't you just feed him the same thing you are eating at the same time?

Because there was only one can of soup and I wanted it for dinner.  I couldn't have the turkey because I'm vegetarian.

Most of the time I feed him first and then settle down for my meal.  That's when he comes back for mine, even though he refused anymore of his meal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you eat together at the exact same time? What I would do is dish out your food and dish out his, and you both sit at the table and eat together. This way, he is preoccupied with his own meal, and may not want yours.

***BTW-- On Tuesday I made your Dijon Tilapia recipe on your blog, and it was AWESOME. DH, myself, and Q loved it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    HA! I have to wait until she goes to bed if I don't wanna share what I'm eating. 
  • Options
    I call DS "my little vulture". It doesn't matter if he has a heaping plate full of yummy food in front of him... he still wants mine.
    Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • Options
    imageeesome:

Do you eat together at the exact same time? What I would do is dish out your food and dish out his, and you both sit at the table and eat together. This way, he is preoccupied with his own meal, and may not want yours.

***BTW-- On Tuesday I made your Dijon Tilapia recipe on your blog, and it was AWESOME. DH, myself, and Q loved it!

We don't always eat meals at the same time or eat the same thing (I can't eat many of his or dh's meals).  Dinner for the most part isn't that bad because dh will feed him so I can eat.  It's dinners when dh is gone or breakfast/lunch when I feed him first and then eat my meal later.

I'm glad you liked the recipe.  Wasn't it easy to make?

• Options
    imageEchowysp:

We don't always eat meals at the same time or eat the same thing (I can't eat many of his or dh's meals).  Dinner for the most part isn't that bad because dh will feed him so I can eat.  It's dinners when dh is gone or breakfast/lunch when I feed him first and then eat my meal later.

I understand. My DH is only home on the weekends, and DS used to want my food. I started to say "Mama's food" "Quentin's food". Once I did that, he realized I had my own plate, and stopped.

It was very easy to make! Being a busy working mom, it was great to have dinner done in like 20 minutes! I served it with steamed broccoli and mac n cheese.

• Options
    imageeesome:
    imageEchowysp:

I understand. My DH is only home on the weekends, and DS used to want my food. I started to say "Mama's food" "Quentin's food". Once I did that, he realized I had my own plate, and stopped.

It was very easy to make! Being a busy working mom, it was great to have dinner done in like 20 minutes! I served it with steamed broccoli and mac n cheese.

I try that, but then I get a lot of "Uh, uh UH!" and crying, so I give in...lol.

I find cooking dinner and working so hard if I don't plan ahead for the week.  The weeks I don't do my white board planning during the weekend is the weeks we get a lot of frozen ravioli and Boca burgers.

• Options
    imageEchowysp:

I try that, but then I get a lot of "Uh, uh UH!" and crying, so I give in...lol.

I find cooking dinner and working so hard if I don't plan ahead for the week.  The weeks I don't do my white board planning during the weekend is the weeks we get a lot of frozen ravioli and Boca burgers.

Ahh. I see. Sorry you are dealing with that. : (
    Let's hope it's just a phase he's going through.

I also have to plan a week ahead. I grocery shop Sunday or Monday nights, and pre-prepare all the meals the day before. That way-- I can pop them in the oven or on the stovetop and get them done. Quentin wants to eat NOW when he gets home. He is a very impatient little boy when it comes to food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"