Maryland Babies
Options

***KellyandMark***

Is your MIL going to be in the delivery room with you?

If so, you are much better woman than I... 

We didn't even let people know I was going in to be induced, I felt I was under enough pressure to pop a kid out, I didn't need an audience or people waiting around.  I have read too much about the more people who are in the L&D room, the longer it takes because mom is stressed. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: ***KellyandMark***

• Options

Well...i'm not sure.  It is one of those "non-discussed" topics. 

My mom and I were in the room for both of my sisters and I know that they really want to be in there.  I really want my mom, just because it is my mom and I know she'll be a great support.  My one sister is an anesthesiologist and very knowledgable in the medical field, so I want her there and of course I can't leave my other sister out :)  We are all very close now that we are older. 

H seems to think MIL should be there too and I get his point, but she is also way high strung, very loud, and obnoxious.  I love her, but in that situation I just don't want more stress.  When H and I spoke briefly, I said something along the lines of he needs to keep her low key or she's gone (and he totally agrees bc he gets annoyed w/ her too).  I also think I'll discuss with the drs.  So she is still up in the air.  My BF told me that I need to get her under control because it is only going to get worse after the baby is here, I'm just trying to keep peace.

Also, who knows what they will allow at that time.  MIL is the last to be chosen out of my sisters/mom.  So if I can only have 2 besides H, then it will be just my mom and H.  My mom is definitely the #1 choice.

• Options
    Just tell the nurses to ask her to leave; they will/should take the heat for cotnrolling  who can be in the room.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At GBMC you have have Dad + 4 visitors during labor and Dad + 2 for delivery.  I am choosing to have my mom and my sister there. 

DH is kind of upset, he thinks I should ask his mom.  He says since she only has 2 boys and her other son doesn't live locally she won't have the oppertunity to be present at the birth of any of her grandkids.  I do understand his point, to a degree... But, I really don't think I am comfortable enough with her to have her there.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would *really* hope that anyone who's ever had a baby/gone through labor would be totally understanding and respect any other mother's wishes during one of the most personal and perhaps difficult moment of her life. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I only had my husband- I love my mom & she's a fantastic grandmother, but my thought process was DH was the only one in the room when the baby was "put there" so he's the only one who needs to see the baby come out.  My mom is also one of those people who is really good at questioning/second-guessing how you do something and I thought it would be best to have as little of that attitude around me as possible.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I should clarify, DH was upfront that it was MY decision in the end.  But I can tell that he wanted me to invite his mom, and was a little disappointed.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"