Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

The cashier at Walgreens made me sad

Was getting DS some yogurt melts at Walgreens on my lunch break and the cashier asked " Do you have a baby?" I said yes a boy he is 15 months old. I then noticed her bump to which I said " Oh when are you due?" she said June 1st and frowned. She said I have a boy and this is another boy. I am not happy. She said sometimes you dont get what you want.

I said well once you see your baby you wont care he is a boy. She said I ALREADY DONT CARE, I dont care about this baby.

I smiled and said good luck but inside my heart sunk.

Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: The cashier at Walgreens made me sad

• Options

That is sad. Sad Hopefully once he arrives she'll change her tune. But that does make me really sad for all of them, especially the baby. Maybe she was just having a really bad day.

• Options
    wow, that is sad.  that poor baby.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that's so sad. that poor baby :(
  • Options
    imageEmcat:

That is sad. Sad Hopefully once he arrives she'll change her tune. But that does make me really sad for all of them, especially the baby. Maybe she was just having a really bad day.

I know. I was surprised at how it affected me. I felt instantly for that poor baby. I too hope she will change her tune. But to say that to a total stranger was odd

Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    having two boys myself that makes me sad, too.  it sucks how much people put into having one of each sex. 
  • Options

Maybe that will change :(

That always makes me so sad. I don't care if I have a boy or a girl at all. All I care about is healthy, I think people like that need some perspective sometimes. 

• Options

That is heartbreaking.

I try to be understand, but his reminds me of the in-gender or whatever board.  I get SO upset if I read any of their posts.  

• Options
    so so sad...
    Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • Options
    Aww that's so sad.  Yikes.  What can you do in that situation?  You did the right thing.  Hopefully she'll change her tune.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not to change the subject of the thread, but speaking of feeling sorry for somebody else's kids....

At winn-dixie the other day DS and I were shopping. There was a woman w/ two boys, probably 3 and 6. They were acting up a bit and she was yelling at them "Shut the F*** up! You can't do S*** right! I am so F***ing sick of you two". I was just staring at her, mouth agape, as was my kid (just from her tone....she scared him!). Her kids were unfazed, which means they hear that all the time at home. So awful Sad

• Options
    So sad.  Maybe she was having a really bad day and just said it because she can't tell anyone that's she's disappointed in real life.Ugh, I hope that's the case and that she snaps out of it.
  • Options
    that's really sad.  i'm sorry, i know it's some major condition, but if the gender affects you that much then you need some psychological help.  stat.  :(  poor baby.  i hope she changes her tune when he's born and doesn't resent him or is mean to him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good Lord.  Are you serious?  WHo would say that to a complete stranger?
  • Options

Oh, that is so, so very sad.

I'm having a girl (DS is 20 months old), and it upsets me when people freak out with happiness when I tell them, like if she were a boy, it wouldn't be as good. 

I just don't understand why anyone would care either way.

• Options
    I hope she was just having a really bad day / mood swing.  She'll love him when he comes. 
  • Options
    That just turns my stomach.  Some people really make me angry.  Seriously?  Did it not occur to her that it might not be a girl?  Selfish much?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"