1st Trimester
Options

SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI

Any sushi lovers out there that can tell me some rolls I can still eat?

I'm craving  here!

This is my siggy. Love it.

Re: SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI

• Options
    Meh, if you have a reputable place you go to, I say go for the raw. But if not, avocado, cucumer, kampyo, tempura shrimp, tanago, and inari are all my cooked faves :)
  • Options

imagelisatlantic:
    Meh, if you have a reputable place you go to, I say go for the raw. But if not, avocado, cucumer, kampyo, tempura shrimp, tanago, and inari are all my cooked faves :)

Ditto this. But I can't handle raw with my nausea and gagging, so I've stuck to cooked. I also stay away from large amounts of tuna (a little is okay) and don't do imitation crab. Because I think that is heresy :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will eat what I want. However, most cooked rolls are fine.  There is a great chart on American Pregnancy that says which fish are okay to eat and which you should avoid due to mercury content. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    This post caught my eye because I LOVE sushi. I don't personally plan on not eating raw fish, but it sounds like you got some great resources above. H&H 9 months!
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I ate regular sushi.  My doctor said it was fine once in awhile and as long as it was from a reputable place (not supermarket).
  • Options
    I had an Alaskan roll last night.  Smoked salmon, avacado, cream cheese (I added that), and crab shavings.  Yummy!!  However, towards the end, I did start picking the salmon pieces out.  No real reason why...but I loved every bite of it.  And will do it again in a few weeks.  The waitress said the fish was cooked, so I went with it.

• Options
    All I usually get are california, eel, and shrimp, all of which have to be cooked anyway.
  • Options

I've been eating sushi a couple times a week as usual as soon as I stopped being too nauseous. My favorite is raw salmon. It depends on where you live, but usually salmon is low in mercury and actually good for the fetus (omega-3s!). The risk with raw is food poisoning, but there are places you are much more likely to encounter that than a nice sushi place IMO.

My favorites are: Unagi (eel), Dragon Roll (tuna roll topped with unagi and hot sauce), Spicy Crab, Spicy Tuna Rolls. I also get a plate of fruit and often some tea whenever I go out for sushi.

From what I've read, you should limit tuna consumption and avoid sea urchin.

Alternative Housewife - Mama style on a budget

Mama to Sebastian, born 9/2010 BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"