Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Irony seen at the gym.

Our gym has carpool/van/SUV parking spaces. Today I was getting DD out of the truck when a lady pulled up next to us in a Buick, got out her yoga gear stuff and walked into the gym. I found it ironic that she took one of the reserved parking spaces to go into the gym instead of parking where she should have and walked a few more extra steps.

Then, when we left a 20 something lady was walking in and pushed the handicap button to open the doors for her to go in. She was not overweight, in crutches, pushing a stroller or in a wheelchair. So, again I find it ironic that she can't open the door herself to go into the gym.

Re: Irony seen at the gym.

• Options
    Hah!  That is ironic.  Aaaand lazy.
  • Options
    I find stuff like that more lazy than ironic lol. At our grocery store we have parking spots reserved for parents with infants/toddlers and I get really mad when I see people without either take the spots.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The parking thing... whatever. But is there something wrong with using the button to open the door? I wasn't aware that one had to qualify to use the door openers.
  • Options
    lol. And I totally read your sentence as gettiing dd out of the trunk. HA! I had to do a double take. I use to work at a gym on campus at my university and you had to have your id to get in. When people left it in their car and I made them go back to get it they were like "I have to walk ALL the way back to my car to get my id." Well, you are here to work out! I told them to use it as their warm up and jog there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemabst196:
    The parking thing... whatever. But is there something wrong with using the button to open the door? I wasn't aware that one had to qualify to use the door openers.

It's not like it's an automatic button for everyone to use - it's a button w/ a big handicap decal on it. I just don't understand why she wouldn't open the door herself? She wasn't even carrying anything.

• Options
    imageleslienpete:

imagemabst196:

It's not like it's an automatic button for everyone to use - it's a button w/ a big handicap decal on it. I just don't understand why she wouldn't open the door herself? She wasn't even carrying anything.

ok...this is a stretch...but I had major muscles pulled in my arm a while back. I went to the gym for my therapy, but was instructed not to do anything with that arm, including opening doors. For a week my DH had to drive me everywhere. It wasn't fun...and im sure i was judged for pushing the handicapped button on the doors :)

• Options

i always push the handicapped button. lol i am so lazy.

at the gym, however, thats aidan's job. she runs ahead to "open the door" for us.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options

I have heard people say they use the handicap button since there are less germs on it than the regular door handle.

That is probably bunk, though. 

• Options
    i love the ones that light up a cigarette after their workout...
  • Options

imagejillybean222:
    i love the ones that light up a cigarette after their workout...

this i find to be ironic.

the handicap button i use sometimes ::shrug:: but the parking in spaces reserved for a specific type of patron bugs me.  mostly b/c at work we have a hybrid/low emissions spot up front (about 5) and they are always taken by various trucks and suv's.  um...that's MY space, jerkwad.  

they also have "visitor" and "hov" spaces up front too.  i'm fairly certain most of them are not used by the carpooling peeps or visitors.  people are inconsiderate.

• Options
    I used to see that all the time at the Y.  People who would sit in their car for several minutes to wait for a car to leave a space close to the door.  If it was raining, I could rationalize it, but it happened on beautiful, sunny days too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"