Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Toddler who won't go to bed help!

I've never had a problem getting my LO to go to sleep.  We've never done the CIO or any other method because she has been perfect in this area and didn't need it.  Now she is 14 months old and screams when I go to put her to sleep.  I've tried leaving her in there for about 5 minutes and she screams the entire time standing up in her crib.  I can't handle hearing her scream so I go in there and get her and this goes on for 1 - 2 hours of me caving to her until she goes to sleep.  I know this is a terrible habit and I need to break it now but I don't know what to do.  We already have a bed time routine.  Any advice?

Re: Toddler who won't go to bed help!

• Options
    My friend's LO went through this right around the 1st birthday. They pushed back her bedtime by 30 min and it worked like a charm.
  • Options
    might be time for Ferber or CIO
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBellaCaro:
    My friend's LO went through this right around the 1st birthday. They pushed back her bedtime by 30 min and it worked like a charm.

Good idea!  I sure hope that works just as easy for me!

• Options
    At around 12 months my DS (always a great sleeper) went through something similar, except he was waking up in the middle of the night.  I think it was separation anxiety.  It lasted about 2 weeks and then he became a great sleeper again.  What helped was having DH go in there and rub his back - and NOT pick him up.  I had to stay away because DS would get too emotional, but DH was able to calm him down much faster. 
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Check her ears.  Make sure she is tired.  Ferber.
  • Options
    This is my daugher to a tee. I've tried CIO and she will literally cry for 1-2 hours. However, if I rub her back and just sit down next her crib, she'll fall right asleep. I think I've learned it's just a big separation anxiety thing right now. As long as she can see me, she's fine.  Now she's back to going to bed fine, just waking during the night crying...if I go in and rub her back and sit on the floor next to hear, she'll fall right back asleep. Hoping its just a phase and we can get thru it quickly...! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"