Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

ds got his first boo boo and mommy is freaking out!

ds basically ran right into a wall and instantly got a huge black and blue goose egg on his forehead... what do i do?
do i ice it?  i just gave him tylenol so he doesnt get a headache... anything else?
ofcourse his bday is tomorrow and his party is this weekend...think he will still have it??? :(

Re: ds got his first boo boo and mommy is freaking out!

• Options

DD ran smack into a piece of playground equipment last Tuesday (she was trying to run under it, but was about 3 inches too tall), and got a huge bruise. You can barely see it now, but it was pretty visible for about 5 days.

I just gave her some Tylenol before she went to bed that night, but after her initial crying, she never really indicated that it bothered her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

lol, trust me: it;s the first of many.  and they will inevitably happen before special occassions/pictures/etc.  sounds like you're doing everything right, and as long as he didn't lose consciousness or anything, i wouldn't get too worked up.

if it makes you feel better, just last week when i went to pick up DS and DD from my parents' (they babysit while i'm at work), the first thing my mom said when i walked in was, "i swear i didn't beat him."  winds up she ran out into the attached garage to throw something away and the screen door didn't click behind her.  DS followed her, pushed on the door, and fell right out into the garage, doing a sommersault on the cement step on his way down.  he had a black eye and a scrape on his forehead.  he cried for 5 minutes, then was peachy.  toddlers are pretty bendy...and bouncy. =]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, consider yourself lucky that this is his first.  DS will be 2 in a couple weeks and has had MANY!!!  Give some motrin or tylenol and as long as he's acting fine, there's no worry.  DS got a goose egg yesterday and today there is a small bump and a little color but nothing too noticeable.
  • Options
    DD fell headfirst off the couch last night. I about died. Right after she did it we put an ice pack on it and actually really helped with the swelling
  • Options

Well.... when DD was about 13months DH put her down and turned his back for 2 secs..... and I was at the bottom of the stairs as DD began falling down them. I finally made it to her at about 1/2 way down... but that was after she hit her head and flipped end over end. It was the WORST thing I ever had to see and it was her first big booboo.... but she was fine! She had a tiny blood on her lip and a goose egg on her forhead.... but we called doc told us to watch for signs of concusion... I iced it as much as she would let me... but she really only cried for 5 min and then was fine...acted like nothing was wrong....

So Im sure he is fine.... Keep an eye on him, if he throws up or looses consciousness then take the next step.

• Options
    thanks! i feel stupid for posting that now.... but i was a wreck!
    i wanted to cry and kill dh and didnt do either..so all in all we are ok :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"