2nd Trimester

Re: Any experience w/this bassinet?-Just One Year Chocolate/Tan Wood Bassinet

• I've never seen it, but I don't know if I would get a bassinet on wheels especially if you happen to have wood floors in your bedroom.
  • We had someone loan us a bassinet for DS and it became just a changing station for him. He would hit his arms on the sides and freak out, and he hated to be swaddled. He went to his crib in his own room pretty early. I don't know about the bassinet itself but I personally think they're a lot of money for not a lot of use.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you buying a crib too at some point, cause I would suggest going to get a crib that converts to toddler and day bed instead. They are also at Target for around the same price as this bassinet.

• Bassinets on wheels are the best! When I nannied twins I rocked both to sleep in their basinets at the same time. It's great for mom's that want to sleep train their babies to self soothe while falling asleep.

This looks like the one the IL's are lending us. I LOVE it!

Also, when you start to sleep train from basinet to crib you can have baby fall asleep in one room and transfer to the other. In my opinion you need one of these and a white noise machine and you will have no issues with helping baby learn how to get fantastic sleeps!

• thanks for the replies!

I do have a hardwood floor so I wasn't sure about the wheels (but you can always lock them or just put something heavy in front of them so they don't move, no?). 

We are getting a crib, and normally I would also not want to buy an additional item for the baby to sleep in if it could just go straight to the crib, but I've also gotten a lot of opinions about having the baby in our room with us for at least the first few months. 

I would love to just be able to buy a crib and be done with it, but again so many people tell me that I will be so tired that I will appreciate having the baby right next to me at night.  I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.  (plus the baby's room is literally across the hall.

Also we have a full sized bed in the baby room and we are going to leave that in there, and I hope the baby can move there as a toddler, so I'm hoping to not have to get a crib that converts to a bed.  But again, I'm open to ideas later on!

It's so hard as a first time parent to know what is actually going to work when the baby gets here! I wish I just knew :) 

• imagekayteatrudeau:

Bassinets on wheels are the best! When I nannied twins I rocked both to sleep in their basinets at the same time. It's great for mom's that want to sleep train their babies to self soothe while falling asleep.

This looks like the one the IL's are lending us. I LOVE it!

Also, when you start to sleep train from basinet to crib you can have baby fall asleep in one room and transfer to the other. In my opinion you need one of these and a white noise machine and you will have no issues with helping baby learn how to get fantastic sleeps!

ooh I like that idea

• We bought a PNP and fully planned on using it in our room - turned out DS hated it too. lol. You never know.
    imageimage
  • imageBrookeNicole09:
    We bought a PNP and fully planned on using it in our room - turned out DS hated it too. lol. You never know.

yup I guess I'll just have to see what happens.  We were also thinking of just getting a PNP but can't decide what to do. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"