Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone ever have gallbladder issues?

I've had really bad pain under my right boob in the rib area for a few weeks now. I had cracked my rib with bronchitis, but that seems to have gotten better. This pain is constant, but also makes between my shoulder blade in the back numb. It feels swollen, too. Gallbladder issues run in my family, and I do have problems when I eat greasy food. Sound familiar?

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

Re: Anyone ever have gallbladder issues?

• Options
    Yeah, maybe a gallbladder issue, though mine came in actual attacks after I ate ANYTHING. Mine was really bad though I was 28 weeks pregnant when i had to be put in the hospital for 2 weeks and have it removed. It was awful and I have a 7" scar under my ribs on that side, and a drain hole in my side. Awesome. I hope you feel better! You'd probably have it out laprascopically, which is much less invasive than what I had.
  • Options

imagecrazytmogirl:
    Yeah, maybe a gallbladder issue, though mine came in actual attacks after I ate ANYTHING. Mine was really bad though I was 28 weeks pregnant when i had to be put in the hospital for 2 weeks and have it removed. It was awful and I have a 7" scar under my ribs on that side, and a drain hole in my side. Awesome. I hope you feel better! You'd probably have it out laprascopically, which is much less invasive than what I had.

OMG you poor thing. Why couldn't they do yours laprascopically?

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Get thee to a dr. stat.  If you can have it out as a scheduled procedure as opposed to an emergency procedure, it's much easier.  You heal faster, there's less pain, etc.  I had mine out as an emergency procedure, and it was horrendous.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yep, sounds exactly where the pain from gallbladder attacks come from.

I had mine removed but never had dull pain. I had a few horrendous attacks.

DD had his out and his pain was just like yours.

• Options

Yeah, like pp, my pain wasn't constant or dull.  It came in major attacks.  But the pain is high, directly under your boobs.  One night I was in severe pain and ended up in the e.r.  Turns out I had a gallstone and the next week had mine removed.  Fortunately I was able to have it done laproscopically and the recovery was super easy. (and I had a horrible c/section recovery, so in comparison it was a piece of cake.)

I'd go see a doctor just to make sure everything is ok.

• Options
    Definitely get it looked at.  I felt like a steel band was tightened around my ribcage under my boobs.  I couldn't breathe or move when I had attacks but I had a gallbladder full of stones when I got dx.  The surgery was very easy but you will need help for a couple of weeks since it hurts to lift.
  • Options
    Sounds very familiar, but like the PP, mine came more in attacks.  It was a nightmare.  :(  Definitely get to a doctor ASAP.  With mine, I waited to get it checked out (started getting them when pregnant) and finally went to the ER in December.  My liver levels were ridonkulously high and they told me I needed to get it out right away.  I waited a month and they were not happy about it at all.  If you wait, it can be an emergency procedure and can put you at risk for things like pancreatitis.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

I would have a doctor check it out.  It sounds very similar to the pain I had after I cracked a rib last year.  It ended up that I had some torn cartilage as well that they didn't catch at first.  There wasn't much the doctor could do, but I had a lot of activity restriction until it healed. 

• Options
    the location sounds right.  mine came in 3-6 hour long attacks, where i would just writhe around until i hurled.  i was only 19 when i had mine out, and due to my age they kept misdiagnosing me with an ulcer, so i had more than my share of attacks over an 18 month period. and it was triggered by certain foods (roughage was usually the culprit, but grease could do it too).  one time before i knew what caused them, i ate slices of raw sweet onion b/w cheddar pringles for a snack and DIDN'T have an attack, so there was no rhyme or reason to it (maybe the dark beer i was drinking helped)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"