Long Island Babies

mara005 -- why I love boys...

To be honest, I didn't set out to love boys. If you told me 5 years ago that I was going to have 3 of them, I would have thought it was a big joke!!

Now that I've got 2 with another on the way, I wouldn't change it for the world. From what I've seen myself, and conversations I've had with other moms it seems that little boys are in general a little work in the beginning. They have an innate need to run, climb and throw as soon as their little legs and arms start to work. They also instinctively love rocks, sticks and bugs - not sure how that happens exactly... 

I'm assured that the payoff comes in the form of little boys who love their mommies and who (again, in general) are more laid back. My oldest is in PreK 4 and I already see the drama that the girls are going through, lol. Who knew it could start that young!! 

Baby girls are awesome and trust me, I'll probably keep trying until I get one, lol - but once you become a mom of a boy, you just love it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: mara005 -- why I love boys...

• Thanks!

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I agree! I wanted a girl so bad so DD would have a sister. But now that I have my little man I wouldn't change it for the world!! Boys are totally differennt than girls!
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my little man! we decided not to find out baby's gender but everyone said he would be a boy...just want to be able to raise him so he has a balanced idea of what being a man is...
  • I just found out last week that I am having a boy. My DH's family hasn't had a girl in 3 generations! That is a huge family tree of all boys! So now that I am pregnant you can imagine how hopeful my in-laws were that I would be the first to have a girl. I myself was convinced it was a girl. I thought I was soooo sick my first trimester because of the estragen.

Anyway, so when we went to the doctor for the big sono they told us it was a boy. In my mind somewhere I was assuming it would be a boy because that was statistically my destiny.

In the past week I have reflected on the exciting news that I am going to have a son. It bring me to tears to think of how happy and excited I am to have a little boy. My husband is beside himself with the excitement of having a son. It is an undescribeable experience for a man to find out he is having a son. Has anyone else seen this?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"