Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

WWYD? Car Seat

DS is almost 13 months.  DH has a cheap carseat.  He really only drives DS to and from daycare (a few blocks away).  I don't think it's in right when we have it rear facing.  It doesn't move much but DS has to sit straight up and I think he's supposed to be more angeled.  So, tonight I put it forward facing.  It seems more secure that way but I know it really should be rear facing until 2.  Would you put it rear or forward facing in this situation?

Also, does anyone use both the lap belt and latch system?  I feel like using both to make sure it's secure.  Anything wrong with me doing this?

FWIW-I have searched and searched and cannot find anywhere that helps install car seats.  Our fire department does a class once in the summer but won't do it besides then.  The other place I found was in a different county and won't do it because we don't live in that county-a fricken' joke!!

Re: WWYD? Car Seat

• Options
    You are only supposed to use either the belt or LATCH, never both together.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    imageriables12:

Also, does anyone use both the lap belt and latch system?  I feel like using both to make sure it's secure.  Anything wrong with me doing this?

Refer to your car seat's owner's manual. I'm pretty sure in most cases you should only be using one or the other.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd figure out how to install it correctly rear facing. Can you look up your car seat online for help?
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Try car-safety.org, a very helpful web site!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

No no no DO NOT use both the seat belt and LATCH system.

What car seat is it? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    imageLittleApple:

What car seat is it? 

Cosco Covertible Car Seat.  I just read some of the reviews on Target.com and a few other people are saying they couldn't get it to install rear-facing correctly either. 

I'm trying to search why I can't use both and am finding nothing.  Why should I not?  Sorry, I'm sure that's a stupid question but I'm not finding anything.  Thanks!

• Options
    imageriables12:
    imageLittleApple:

What car seat is it? 

Cosco Covertible Car Seat.  I just read some of the reviews on Target.com and a few other people are saying they couldn't get it to install rear-facing correctly either. 

I'm trying to search why I can't use both and am finding nothing.  Why should I not?  Sorry, I'm sure that's a stupid question but I'm not finding anything.  Thanks!

Is it the Scenera?  I have it and had a terrible time getting it to fit correctly in DH's car rear facing.  Get a pool noodle or roll up a towel and place it under the seat against the back of the car's seat.

Here is a good video.  Go down to the Rear Facing with seat belt & locking clip.  It is the Cosco car seat.

https://www.carseatsite.com/videos.htm#rear-facing videos

Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

https://www.seatcheck.org/

Type in your zipcode and they will give you a list of numbers for places that will install your car seat.  HTH

• Options

Here is a thread about why you shouldn't use both the seat belt and latch.

https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=14133

Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I actually read that you can put DC facing forward at 1 year as long as the weight and height also meet the requirement. They recommend leaving the seat rear-facing as long as possible but it is ok to turn it around. I read this online I am not sure of the web site. I just googled it 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"