Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

S/O what do you do now that you said.....

That you would NEVER do before your L/O arrived??

Re: S/O what do you do now that you said.....

• Options
    I am going to send 2nd tri to this post.?
  • Options
    Never say never. Co-sleep, spank on occasion and yell. Sometimes you have to actually experience toddler non-sense before you judge.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Co sleep & give him french fries.
  • Options

Cosleep. DH and I swore we would never do it. We were just so tired that it happened by accident (I BF DS in bed, and I fell asleep. DH made sure that DS would be ok, then fell asleep himself.) It lasted for 4 months or so.

Other then that, we have been really good about sticking with the things we swore we wouldn't do.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    honestly, nothing.  but i wasn't every too high on my horse.  things i thought were important - healthy eating, bfing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping are all things that worked out great for us and were high priority.  other than that i never said never (except the leash - i probably did say that), but i've stuck to my guns for the most part.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I said I'd never co-sleep and I haven't but only twice - when she was teething and would wake up crying, I'd bring her in with me and she'd go right back to sleep - so that made me see why people do it!
  • Options

Cry it out is the big one!

Also:

Dress him in "character" clothing - DS loves Elmo and I can't resist his excitement when he wears his Elmo shirt

Pacifiers - dead set against them but gave in on day 4.  DS was a great BFer - didn't effect him at all.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I can't think of anything honestly - but I didn't say anything I didn't really mean to stick with.

But I've still got 16+ years to go ;-)

• Options
    shared a bed.
  • Options
    so far let him have the binkie past 18mos and let him eat in his car seat. There is not much I said never to since I didn;t want people to throw it back at me. I just said "we'll see when we get there."
  • Options

Co-sleeping.  Non-organic food before 1 year old.  Fast food.  CIO.  Eat in the den.  TV.

Granted, I don't know that I said "NEVER" to these things, but they were definitely things I didn't see myself doing.  I'm sure there are tons more too!

• Options
    Co-sleep and give him sugary snacks.
  • Options
    imageCiconrad:

Pacifiers - dead set against them but gave in on day 4.  DS was a great BFer - didn't effect him at all.

This 100%. LOL!

I also swore I would wear gloves when I changed DS's diaper. FWIW, I used to work in an environment where glove use was required. How come I could wear gloves to touch nasty things at work, but not be expected to at home?

Yeah, that lasted about a day. Snort! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Lets see...

Crawl on dirty floors, stick things in his mouth that he found on the floor, feed him chicken nuggets, feed him teddy grahams for breakfast, lunch and dinner because it's all he wanted to eat, tell him no a million times, let him eat off of the table at the restaurant, let him chew on my tooth brush... Okay now I sound like a bad mommy, I don't do all these things in one day!!!

Oh-in response to the leash thing, haven't bought one, but I have number two on the way and this little man is starting to hate the stroller.  Do I see one in my future, maybe, but no one can judge a mom until she has actually walked in her dirty sneakers covering up her unmanicured toes, wearing her baseball hat because she didn't get a chance to do her hair, and driving through fast food because dinner is not happening with a teething unhappy boy clinging to her chest!!!

• Options
    imagelaurenbug:

Co-sleeping.  Non-organic food before 1 year old.  Fast food.  CIO.  Eat in the den.  TV.

Granted, I don't know that I said "NEVER" to these things, but they were definitely things I didn't see myself doing.  I'm sure there are tons more too!

Ditto on the TV, eating in the den and fast food.  Add that to my list.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Nothing yet, but I'm only 17 months in. I'm sure there will be something eventually.

However, I did judge a lot of parents before I was one. I've eaten my words on a lot of that. Even if it's not something we do in our house, I understand more why others may make some of those choices. Live and learn.

• Options

This is gross, but lick my finger to clean off his face when we are in a "he needs to look perfectly presentable this very second" jam.

And I did say I would never ever do this. 

• Options
    co sleeping! haha
  • Options
    Cosleep when he is sick- though since he fell out of bed I swear it won't happen again.  Keep paci past a year- and we are quickly approaching 18 months, keep bottle past a year (see paci above). 
  • Options

co-sleep, fast food, and I'm sure there are more.  A mother's sanity is worth every moment I've invested in something I said I wouldn't do. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yell....

Give juice... I really didn't think I would give her juice. Turns out she wouldn't drink out of sippy b/c didn't like water. Oh well...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Co sleep and I ended up doing it.
  • Options

Nothing. I had no clue what I was in for so how could I say what I'd do & wouldn't do?

Never say never.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"