Trying to Get Pregnant

Those ladies whose H's have had SA's...

...when did they have them done?  Was it after the year mark of TTC?

I had my annual exam today and my doctor suggested that since we are on the 7th cycle, we might want to think about having an SA done.  Should we be thinking about that already?  I am torn about things like this b/c I feel like we have had some TERRIBLE timing each cycle (only having sex 2 times in each fertile window), so I don't know that I want to get into testing just yet. I think we just need to jump on it more often in that window.  At the same time though, if there is something to be concerned about, maybe its better to know earlier?

Ugh, sorry to be so wishy-washy.

Any thoughts?  TIA, ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those ladies whose H's have had SA's...

• My DH had his done after 3 months TTC because I have  health issues and we were being referred to an RE right away.  The SA was required before we could be referred.  Also, DH works is an AME and works with hazardous chemicals every day.

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • I believe we were at 10 cycles (December) when he had one..which was just before the one year mark.

If you think its the lack of timing rather than an actual issue, give it a couple more cycles and try harder with the timing!

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • It was done at the one year mark with the rest of our infertility testing.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• My DHs SA was done after the year mark.  We figured it was one of the cheaper tests that can rule out MFI

• Thank you for the feedback, ladies.  I think we will aim to have better timing this cycle, and then think about our options next cycle. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had ours done earlier than one year, but I was having some problems so our RE ordered it when we started treatment there.

It's up to you whether you want to wait or not.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"