Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Pack and play's and United Airlines

DH, DD and myself will be going on a trip to Bend, Oregon in a few months. We are flying United Airlines, and I feel like I heard someone say that large baby items fly free. Just wondering if anyone has checked a Pack and Play on a United flight for free. If it was not free, how much was the fee?

TIA!

Re: Pack and play's and United Airlines

• I have not heard of that. If they let you gate check it like a stroller or car seat I guess that would be free though.
  • I know on Delta it is free, I would just call the airlines and check. I am flying on sunday with DS and I just got off the phone after checking with them to see what is free what isnt.

And Bend is gorgeous!! I LOVE it there! :)

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know about United Airlines but I just flew on Delta two days ago with dd and their infant/child items that you can check and carry-on for free are listed on their baggage website.

I brought her carseat, stroller and diaper bag for free along with 1 checked bag, and carried on my purse and a carry-on luggage bag.

• Car seat and stroller are considered medical items and thus are free. 

A pack n play is not.  You might be better off hitting the local walmart and buying one rather than pay $20 or more each way to bring it.  You can get one for $50 and either leave it at the hotel (where it will no doubt go to good use by someone on the hotel staff if you tell them when you leave) or you could donate it someplace between the airport and the hotel and take the deduction.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"