Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NTR: for those that own a house

We put an offer on a house yesterday. we love it, it is our dream home!!!! we offered  close to asking price so we didnt low ball by any means. it just came on the market sunday. the family needs to relocate because the dh got a better job in another state. and he is currently livign there, and the wife is still in ny with the 2 kids. we were hoping to hear back from them already.

when u put your offer an house when did u hear back from the owners??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTR: for those that own a house

• Options
    That same night. But they had set that date as the first time they would look at offers, so they were sort of obligated to respond right away. Good luck! I hope you get it!
  • Options
    I'd give it 24 hours.  Fingers are crossed for you.  Buying a house can be so stressful!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    3-4 weeks I think
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We heard back the same day - we put in an offer in the morning and by early afternoon we had an accepted offer. Our situation was similar to yours - the owners had already moved (to Canada for the wife's job) - the husband was traveling back and forth every few weeks to upkeep the house. We offered asking price (the market was MUCH more competitive then). They had just had a deal fall through, so they jumped at ours!

Good luck! Let us know what happens!

• Options
    We heard back rather quickly.  If you are working with a Realtor, I would call and ask them because I would be chomping at the bit with anticipation!  The owners are probably just taking their time thinking things out.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Same day.
  • Options

There were some that responded within hours, others that took days. It all depends on how quickly the agents work, what other offers (if any) they are considering, etc. It's unusual for it to take more than a day or two though, so hopefully you hear soon. You can always ask your agent what the hold up is. Good luck with the house!

Where are you buying? I'm in Westchester also...

• Options
    I think it was the next day.  If you have a good realtor and the listing agent is doing their job you should hear back within 24 hours unless the sellers are out of town or unavailable.  I think most people have set in their mind what they will take, especially that early on.  Good luck!
  • Options

thank you ladies for your input.

i am so excited!!!!!!!

we are currently living in westchester, ny but moving new city, which is in rockland county, ny.

• Options
    we heard that day. legally an offer is only binding for 24hrs.
  • Options
    we submitted our offer at 10pm and got a counter the next afternoon.
  • Options
    That evening or the next morning... I don't remember. GL!
  • Options
    imagebusywifey:

thank you ladies for your input.

i am so excited!!!!!!!

we are currently living in westchester, ny but moving new city, which is in rockland county, ny.

I grew up in Rockland and my parents still live there. They keep trying to convince us to move there now, too! New City is one of the nicest areas there, good luck!

• Options
    We put a 48 response time on our offer.  Your agent would be the best person to answer this though.  Good luck it's very stressful, but very fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"