Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Runny nose for 5+ weeks????

This is killing me... dd is in a great mood... sleeps well... but her nose has been running off and on like a faucet for over 5 weeks! We've tried 1/2 t. of Children's Zyrtec (per pedi) and Benedryl. Neither seem to help. Pedi's nurse is going to call me back... could this be allergies? What has helped your dc's runny nose? 

She sleeps with a humidifier... gets steamy showers with us, and seems totally fine except for the constant stream of snot. I'm over having the snot-nosed kid. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Runny nose for 5+ weeks????

• Options
    I'm assuming there's no ear infection? When was the last time you had her ears examined? When my DD has an ear infection, she has non-stop snot.
  • Options
    It could be allergies, but if the allergies meds aren't helping, I'd say it's more likely that she's just picking up virus after virus. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSuwaneeGirl:
    I'm assuming there's no ear infection? When was the last time you had her ears examined? When my DD has an ear infection, she has non-stop snot.

We were at the pedi 2 weeks ago for her 15m well visit... no infection then! 

• Options
    imagelauren&matt:

We were at the pedi 2 weeks ago for her 15m well visit... no infection then! 

FYI - DH took DS in one day, no infection.  I took him in 3 weeks later.  Ear infection.

However, my original response was going to be "teething".  If she's teething, that may be the cause of the snot.

Same here- DS has been a faucet too.  We actuallyl just had a few days of no snot, then it started up again.  But I also know he's teething - I think molars.  He's constantly putting his hands to his mouth, ec. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

Could be a combo of teething and actually having a cold.... we went through this in December. She got 6 teeth in a 4 week period.

I'm glad someone elses dr rec zyrtec too.... I gave him the side eye when he told me to give it to her.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejerzeygirl4ever:

Could be a combo of teething and actually having a cold.... we went through this in December. She got 6 teeth in a 4 week period.

I'm glad someone elses dr rec zyrtec too.... I gave him the side eye when he told me to give it to her.

my DD's pedi recommended zyrtec, too.  we do give it to her if she's really, really congested.  it seems to cut down on her cough if/when she has one. 

• Options
    Spoke to pedi- she said to double the Zyrtec- 1/2 t. 2x day. Hopefully that will work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"