Preemies

Whiny Wednesdays

Since no one's posted it yet, I'll start it off!

My whine this week is my tendonitis in my left wrist. I've been wearing a thumb brace for 4.5 weeks and it's still just as bad as it was before, so today I'm getting a corticosteroid shot. I was *mildly* excited about it since it'll take away the pain until DH told me I'm going to still have to wear the brace for another month or more. UGH! I can't wear anything with this stupid thing, it smells, and it gets in the way of typing - which I have to do a LOT of for work. *whine* 

Re: Whiny Wednesdays

• I'm full of whine right about now.  We are are our 2nd post NICU hospitalization.  In other words, my ds has spent 5 of his 8 months in the hospital.  I am OVER it!  and to top it all off, I was set to leave town for a few days-I guess not.
  • So sorry SouthPhilly. :(

My whine is that I was up until 4am working on our new message board. It's a long story but I've had to delete and reupload 4 times now. It'll be worth it and I'm learning a lot, but holy crap, it's frustrating! The alarm goes off at 7:30 but I didn't crawl out of bed until about 8:05. I'm running on pure adrenaline.

• Loading the player...
  • It is just a bad day for me.  I feel like i'm going to cry at any moment :+(

• I am so sick of dealing with fluid in DD's ears.  She's had fluid or an ear infection almost continually since early November.  Her expressive language is lagging by 10 months, her sleep is messed up, and she is not the happy smiley child that I think she would be if not for constantly having fluid in her ears.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • mcdevmcdev member
    NPR but back in September I ordered a "big girl" bed set for Claire.  Transitioning from a crib was a big step for her and I let her pick it out (with my help).  She chose a bedset from The Company Kids because she liked the ladybugs on it.  That was September it is now MARCH and I have yet to receive all of the items.  (I am still missing a flat sheet and the sheets are what have the ladybugs on them).  I've spoken to their customer service at least 6 times since October and they've assured me that the sheet was coming.  Claire was so excited for her bedset that she's been sleeping on it without the flat sheet and today I was told that it is discontinued with no chance of reordering.  WTF?????  I was so pissed off and they told me I could send the entire bedset back for a refund and they would resell it on clearance.  (Note:  My daughter still occasionally wets the bed and I have a dog that sleeps with her every night).  I told them that and they said that was ok.  I can't wait to get a reply from the nasty email I just sent their catalog manager.  Can you imagine buying something off clearance and it was something that had already been on a toddler's bed for 6 months?!
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • mcdev, that's CRAZY!
  • imagemcdev:
    NPR but back in September I ordered a "big girl" bed set for Claire.  Transitioning from a crib was a big step for her and I let her pick it out (with my help).  She chose a bedset from The Company Kids because she liked the ladybugs on it.  That was September it is now MARCH and I have yet to receive all of the items.  (I am still missing a flat sheet and the sheets are what have the ladybugs on them).  I've spoken to their customer service at least 6 times since October and they've assured me that the sheet was coming.  Claire was so excited for her bedset that she's been sleeping on it without the flat sheet and today I was told that it is discontinued with no chance of reordering.  WTF?????  I was so pissed off and they told me I could send the entire bedset back for a refund and they would resell it on clearance.  (Note:  My daughter still occasionally wets the bed and I have a dog that sleeps with her every night).  I told them that and they said that was ok.  I can't wait to get a reply from the nasty email I just sent their catalog manager.  Can you imagine buying something off clearance and it was something that had already been on a toddler's bed for 6 months?!

*Note to self, don't buy anything on clearance there. Perhaps not even shop there myself...

Craziness.

• mcdevmcdev member
    Riiiiiggghhtt?!  I am usually a calm person.  It takes a lot to rattle me, but hot damn, that f'n ladybug sheet got me fired up!!  I harassed that customer service rep so bad.  At one point I said, "Please repeat after me so that I am sure I am understanding you correctly.  Say 'I am going to resell your daughters pissed on blankets rather than give you a refund'. "  Of course he wouldn't repeat it, but I was a raving lunatic.  I told him I was now going to make my Facebook Status that The Company Store does not make good on backordered items and that their clearance section is full of used bedding including bedding my daughter urinated on and dog slept on.  Guess what.....FedEx knocked on my door this morning.  I miraculously got the ladybug sheet.  Why do you have to be a *** to get what's fair?
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"