Single Parents

request for dna test

Request for dna test through the CSEA, Is this mandatory? Or is it only mandatory if its court ordered? I've been calling all morning and can't reach a real person.

Re: request for dna test

• I could be completely wrong, but I believe it is  mandatory if you are going after child support and he didn't sign the birth certificate.
  • Thanks for your answer, I got through to someone FINALLY!! I think you're right about that, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • My lawyer told me that if X wanted to persue paternity then it would be easier if I just went and had the test done when it was requested. If I don't bring LO in for the test then it will be court ordered, which will make it mandatory.

• I'm in Ohio and it was mandatory if the father did not sign the birth certificate, to pursue CS.  And gee it only took him 3 years to take the test!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DB didn't sign DD's BC and we weren't required to do a DNA test if he admitted paternity, he opted for the test and when it came back that he was the father he had to pay for the test! Had it been negative the state would have made me pay...not that there was a chance in hell of that being the case
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • I'm not going after him for CS, unless for some reason he gets visitation, which I'm trying my hardest to prevent.
  • imageSnowflakeBaby2009:
    I'm not going after him for CS, unless for some reason he gets visitation, which I'm trying my hardest to prevent.

I would simply say "I don't know who the father is". Or is he requesting the DNA test?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"