2nd Trimester

Umm, wth?, WHITE poop?

Yeahhhhhh, so yesterday I definately had a white poop. I googled it and all I could find was problems with bile and liver/gallbladder. I haven't had any weird pain or anything or eaten anything super weird lately. I guess I'll just wait until my next bm(which could be days with the rate I have been going) and see how that is? Does anyone have any insight on this? Should I be concerned or is this just one of the weirder joys of pregnancy?
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Umm, wth?, WHITE poop?

• Have you been eating a lot of fiber?  Like Oatmeal and Shredded wheat? Try that and drink a ton of H20 ...I have never had a white poop though.
  • I've never heard of it, but I wouldn't be concerned unless it happens again...then i'd mention it to a doc...FWIW, keep an eye on your gallbladder if that is one of the things it mentioned...gallbladders can get out of whack during pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had Cholestasis of pregnancy with DD.  One of the symptoms is grayish or white stools.  I never had that.  But Cholestasis is a condition of the liver and gall bladder than causes bile acids to build up in your blood stream.  Maybe call your Dr and ask what they think about it?
  • I have NEVER heard of that before.. I would probably call the Dr. and see though..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's definitely strange. I've only had that once but it's because I had to drink barium for a CT scan (pre-BFP). That was considered normal though.
  • imagepenelopepink09:
    I had Cholestasis of pregnancy with DD.  One of the symptoms is grayish or white stools.  I never had that.  But Cholestasis is a condition of the liver and gall bladder than causes bile acids to build up in your blood stream.  Maybe call your Dr and ask what they think about it?

Thanks! ::off to research more::

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrs.gardner:

imagepenelopepink09:
    I had Cholestasis of pregnancy with DD.  One of the symptoms is grayish or white stools.  I never had that.  But Cholestasis is a condition of the liver and gall bladder than causes bile acids to build up in your blood stream.  Maybe call your Dr and ask what they think about it?

STAY.AWAY.FROM.GOOGLE!  It will only worry you.  Call your Dr first.

• imagepenelopepink09:
    imagemrs.gardner:

imagepenelopepink09:

STAY.AWAY.FROM.GOOGLE!  It will only worry you.  Call your Dr first.

You are so right. I just came back to this post because I read, "Cholestasis of pregnancy can cause stillbirth in up tp 60% of women"

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • ummm actually if it was white...not just lighter than normal.....I would def call.  I took a nutrition class in college and that was one of the things that was mentioned that could be dangerous.  If it is your liver or gallbladder it could have neg side effects on your pregnancy and not all serious illnesses and complications make you feel like crap...just my two cents.  Better safe than sorry
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I would totally call the doc just to be safe!
  • Def call! Cholestasis is a very serious condition. Let us know what they say! GL!
  • That is definitely something I'd be calling the doctor about.

Let us know what they tell you!

• imageSoon_2B_MrsM:
    Have you been eating a lot of fiber?  Like Oatmeal and Shredded wheat? Try that and drink a ton of H20 ...I have never had a white poop though.

Oatmeal helps a TON! I got some from Jamba Juice after I'd gone a couple days without any movement and it got things going! Haven't had a problem since.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good God.  Call your doctor.  Immediately. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had white poop (not while pregnant). I have a metabolic disease and highly recommend you call your doctor ASAP.

this may sound gross but if it happens again, you uh, might want to photograph it... if they need to see the exact color etc (which can be significant and indicate various things) it would be good to have (or delete if they don't!!! of course!) 

they will probably wanna do metabolic labs on you to make sure you're okay and possibly a stool sample.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"