Upstate NY Babies
Options

Something cool happened to me today

I took Rosie outside for a walk and when we got near our apartment I let her splash in the puddles there.  This couple was driving into their garage across the street.  The man gets out of the car, comes over to me and says, "My wife was a nursery school teacher for many years, and she wanted me to tell you that you're a great mom to let her splash in puddles like that."

Put a smile on my face!  Although she wasn't there to see me bribing Rosie with the promise of cookies to get her in the house and out of the puddles.

Re: Something cool happened to me today

• Options

I agree, that's awesome! It's funny what we remember as kids, but I can tell you, no lie, that I can picture in my mind exactly where the puddles would form in my driveway and my grandparents. Sweet memories!

You are a great mom!

• Options

Awww! That is SO sweet.. How nice that Rosie got to splash in the puddles and that the man said that!

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just love it when parents let their kids be kids!  And even nicer to be recognized for it!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    Ah, that is awesome!  I, too, remember jumping in the puddles - so much fun!
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That's such a cute story.  I know you don't need anyone to tell you that you are a great mom, but I'm sure it felt good!
  • Options
    Cute!  I don't remember puddles, but I remember my mom letting me and my sister put on our swim suits and go run around in the driveway during rainstorms in the summertime.
  • Options
    That is really cute.  I let DD splash in the puddles a few days ago and she loved it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    sounds like she had a great time! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That was so sweet of him to say that. I'm sure Rosie had an awesome time!
  • Options
    What a great compliment!  I bet Rosie had a lot of fun :)
  • Options
    That is so sweet!  Eva went puddle jumping yesterday too- so much fun!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"