Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

transition from Formula to cows milk

My LO is 11 months old and we need to start transitioning to cows milk. Do I just slowly introduce 2ounces of milk then 4 ounces of formula until it is 6 ounces and she is use to it. thougths please.

Re: transition from Formula to cows milk

• Options
    We went straight to cows milk with no problems.  I was planning to introduce it slowly, but a friend had done it cold turkey so we tried it first.  She took her straw cup of cows milk and never looked back. It seems to just depend on the child.  I have other friends who did a slow transition because the baby refused the cows milk at first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi told us to gradually switch over 3 days but I did it in 1.5 because DS loved the milk so much!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We started the transition yesterday. We dropped one formula bottle and gave milk in a bottle. DS didn't even notice.

I think I may start giving milk in a sippy during the day  feedings though. We want to drop the bottle too.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I "transitioned", but it was very fast.  DS was fine w/ milk and didn't need much weaning.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Day after DS turned one, we switched from formula to goat's milk cold turkey with no problems.
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    I "transitioned", but it was very fast.  DS was fine w/ milk and didn't need much weaning.

This was for us too, it was maybe 5 days but that is because we ran out of formula and didnt want to buy another can :) 

• Options
    I'm on my last can of formula so I've been giving milk in sippy cups during the day and just a bottle with formula at night. Doing great!
    image Alcoholism is not determined by how much you drink or how often, but by negative consequences in your life that do not alter your drinking habits.
  • Options

We gradually transitioned like you said to make sure her digestive tract was ready for 100% cows milk, and to get her used to the taste. 

ETA:  "gradually" transitoned was 4 days, because we were running out of formula!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"