New Jersey Babies

anyone have spotting the first trimester?

So many people have told me that spotting the first trimester is normal.  Even my midwife told me not to worry unless it is red and i have severe cramps.  

But of course i worry.... so has anyone had spotting during their first trimester?  

I'm about 7 weeks and have been spotting very light brown (sometimes with mucous) and only when i wipe-- never in my underwear.  Last night i saw the tinies speck of a clot-- also brown.  

This would have been the days i would have expected my next missed period (and i spotted during my first missed period)

I saw my baby's heartbeat last week and my midwife said everything looked perfect.  (she also said the spotting coul have been caused by the transvag ultrasound... but it has lasted several days) 

just hoping some of you can relate....

thanks in advance :-) 

Re: anyone have spotting the first trimester?

• my BFF is 18 weeks pregnant now.  She spotted for the first eight weeks of her pregnancy and everything is fine.  If you have heard the heartbeat and it is strong and your midwife said everything is perfect - I am sure it is!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • at what i thought was 6 weeks (I am a week ahead now) so it was really 7 weeks, i started light bleeding and brown spotting.  i woke up the next morning and there was blood when i wiped...i was so upset thinking i was having a miscarriage.  i went to my first doc appt a day early that week and i was able to see the baby and see the hb at 164....after that day, i havent had any spotting...my doc said "the placenta is a complex organ" lol...i just said ok

imo, no matter what type of spotting you have, always see your doc...it is different for everyone

• Loading the player...
  • oh, and that time for me was also when my period was supposed to come..a lady i work with bled every single month her period was supposed to start...she has 3 sons in their 40;s now
  • thanks everyone.  these posts were so helpful.  :-)  i guess i will find out next month if i'm going to be spotting around the time my period would have come... maybe i'll just be a "spotter"

hoping to relax and be calm the next 7 months... easier said than done.

• I spotted like 2 days. Freaked me out of course but everything was fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I acutally spotted on and off until about week 16. I had what was called a friable cervix...basically anything that even came near it would make it bleed. It was scary b/c sometimes it was light brown spotting and 2 times it was actual red blood and it scared the heck out of me. Everytime I had it i called doc and they brought me in to do an ultrasound and everything was always ok which made me feel very good. GL! I would always call and seeing an ultrasound can ease yuor worry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my son I spotted for a few days each time I would have gotten my period during the first tri (4, 8, and 12 weeks). To save my sanity, I stopped looking at the tp every time I went to the bathroom. I told myself if it wasn't enough to be in my underwear, I didn't need to know about it.
  • I've had spotting, brown discharge and blood.  We also thought we'd lost the baby.  It's been hard to go to the drs every other day (had IUI) and wait for my beta and prog numbers.  But we had our 1st scan and baby is there.  I've since stopped bleeding heavily, some spotting but doc says that some women spot the whole time.  Fingers crossed that baby stays healthy.  We really want this (as I'm sure you all do). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"