Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How would you feel if DC got Ramen noodles at daycare?

Re: How would you feel if DC got Ramen noodles at daycare?

• Options
    What flavor?
  • Options

the normal mom in me? yummmm

the reaction youll likely get here? "OMG THE SODIUM!!"

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it was just the pasta, I wouldn't care, if they toss in the high sodium seasoning packet, yikes!
  • Options
    I would think they could do better than that. I wouldn't think it was the end of the world or anything, but I would definitely be expecting something with a little more nutritional value.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If it meant they got him to try something different and I have another option to feed him occasionally I'd be all for it.  As long as its not a regular thing (but DS is a picky eater.............)
  • Options
    I wouldn't be happy, there is a lot of sodium in them. I'd def pick something else to give them but I don't think its too terrible if its not given all the time, once or twice I dont' think would hurt.
  • Options
    Meh, not a huge deal.  Were they flavored or just plain noodles?  Even if they were flavored, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me, a lot of other foods have a lot of sodium too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    not sure of the flavor.
  • Options
    At DD's daycare they have them every so often and I don't think its a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That depends.... was it just a few bites from something someone else was eating or was it his meal? Are you paying the daycare for providing him meals? Is it a licensed daycare? Do you have a contract saying he will get meals?
  • Options

If he got them every day?  No, that's not what I pay them for (since I pay for them to provide the meals).

If he got them every once and awhile?  Meh, I probably wouldn't care so much.

• Options
    As long as it not lunch everyday, I don't see the big deal with it.
  • Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:

Yes

I assume this is a once in a great while kind of thing? I would not want her getting it more than once or twice a month.
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:

Yes

DD gets ramen at home. *shrug* because it has been my pregnancy craving, and if you think she'd let me get away with eating that glorious deliciousness without bogarting some - you'd be WRONG.

Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Options

imageABMcKinney:
    That depends.... was it just a few bites from something someone else was eating or was it his meal? It was her lunch

Are you paying the daycare for providing him meals? Yes

Is it a licensed daycare? No

Do you have a contract saying he will get meals? Yes.

• Options
    imagesugarcube:

imageABMcKinney:
    That depends.... was it just a few bites from something someone else was eating or was it his meal? It was her lunch

Are you paying the daycare for providing him meals? Yes

Is it a licensed daycare? No

Do you have a contract saying he will get meals? Yes.

I would renegotiate your contract and start supplying your own food. Robbie has had Ramen noodles, but I wouldn't give it to him as a meal and I would expect that if I were paying someone to provide his meals they would make it a little healthier- and they are getting over on you by giving him a 13 cent lunch!

• Options
    I do have to say, I might be annoyed if that was ALL she was given for lunch. I try to give her a variety of food groups at each meal - if she eats them or not, another story. But if she was only given noodles, I might question it. Not because it's Ramen, but because there was no variety.
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Options
    I wouldn't be happy about that.  Do they provide you with a weekly or monthly menu of what they are feeding the kids?  If so, you can let them know in advance what you'd prefer they didn't feed your child.  That's not a very healthy meal option.
  • Options

Old me in my pre-toddler life:  I'd not like it at all.  We plan to serve DD only healthy foods and avoid processed foods as much as possible.

New me, too busy to pack lunches and grateful DCP serves food: Depends how often it's served.

• Options
    imageSarahMay77:

Old me in my pre-toddler life:  I'd not like it at all.  We plan to serve DD only healthy foods and avoid processed foods as much as possible.

New me, too busy to pack lunches and grateful DCP serves food: Depends how often it's served.

Yes 

• Options

I would be a little shocked that they were serving a 15 cent package of Ramen noodles after the high rates daycares charge. (we have an in-home daycare, I pack my daughter's lunch)

I wouldn't care.  She loves noodles!  I'm sure that can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup has just as much sodium.  I eat them and I'm doing just fine.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    If it's every now and then I wouldn't care that much. If it's frequently I would probably be annoyed since they aren't the healthiest thing out there plus they are so cheap I would wonder where the money I am paying is going!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would think they were being cheap and lazy more than anything.

Then I would want them to provide something a little more nutritious a least in addition. Hello? A fruit? A veggie? Something.

Then I would think about the sodium, although I bet its similar to boxed mac n cheese. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This.
  • Options

i would not be pleased at it would probably be enough sodium to count for  a weeks worth. 

eta:  if it was just the noodles i wouldn't really care.  but i seriously haven't eaten ramen since freshman year of college....i sort of want some now.  

• Options

I would be a little suprised.  The parents at my daycare got upset that they gave the kids cereal, fruit, and juice for breakfast (where's the protein!), and wrote emails to the director about an hour of TV on Pajama day once a month. 

I have to think that the daycare would only serve Ramen noodles once. 

• Options
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:

this is EXACTLY my reaction. lol.

• Options
    Pissed.  That's a salt lick in a bowl. 
  • Options

Well, as he likes to eat them with his dad, I really couldn't complain about him eating them elsewhere.

I would probably be a little ticked about the return on investment angle though. In a grumbly "what the heck am I paying for" kind of way, nothing I'd really biitch about in person.

• Options
    If I paid my DCP to feed my child healthy foods and all my kid got was Raman, no I wouldn't be happy.  If there were some veggies thrown in and some meat or beans, I would be ok with it.  Not for an every day meal, but for a day I wouldn't have a fit over it.
  • Options

I would be horrified.  That said, I'm horrified by most of the things DD is fed at DCP, but I am VERY nutritious and anal about what I eat & feed my family. Since DD is only at daycare 2 days/week, I consciously choose not to think too much about what they feed her.  It's a wonderful daycare and she loves it.  The food is okay, and she gets enough healthy, nutritious food at home so I'm not worried.

If she was eating ramen noodles daily or something I would probably ask that alternative arrangements be made for her. Yes, I am THAT mom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"